Trading 2013 3950 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #1

Florida
Trading 2013 3950

Trading our 2013 3950 in on a new 2014 3895. I like the floor plan better and the new 3rd AC in the garage is a must in Florida. Our 3950 had an unusable garage in the summer because it could not be cooled off.

hitman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #2

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman007 View Post
Trading our 2013 3950 in on a new 2014 3895. I like the floor plan better and the new 3rd AC in the garage is a must in Florida. Our 3950 had an unusable garage in the summer because it could not be cooled off.
Conrats on the 3895. I really like the floorplan on mine.

Are you taking a beating on the trade in/exchange?

Old 09-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #3

Wyoming
I wanted to trade my 3200 on a 3895 at the Hershey show a few weeks ago... but man, the prices at the show this year were no where what they were last year. I guess they figure the economy's coming back, because... in addition to the sticker prices on the rigs being outrageously high (and I'm not talking about the MSRP, I'm taking about what they called "show special prices"), the folks on site were not near as willing to negotiate & make deals as they were last year.

I knew I'd take a bath on my 3200... but I couldn't afford to do both: take a bath on the rig I have, and pay the inflated price they wanted on the new rig. I even had a written quote in hand for a completely decked out 3895 that was about $10k less than what they first quoted me... but they just looked at it and said... "Fine, go get it from them." It was a complete one-eighty from the scene I witnessed last year.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:41 AM   #4

Florida
Yes I am taking a beating. I paid $84k for my 2013 a year ago and I am getting $56k on trade and they are selling me the new one at a 27 % discount from MSRP which puts it at approx. $85k. I am getting a $4k tax credit that I would not get if I sold on my own so that really gets me about $60 on my old one. But thats a $24k hit in 12 months!!!! I hope they give me a kiss when they are finished....
2012 EZGO Custom Cart
Old 09-29-2013, 03:05 AM   #5

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
I wanted to trade my 3200 on a 3895 at the Hershey show a few weeks ago... but man, the prices at the show this year were no where what they were last year. I guess they figure the economy's coming back, because... in addition to the sticker prices on the rigs being outrageously high (and I'm not talking about the MSRP, I'm taking about what they called "show special prices"), the folks on site were not near as willing to negotiate & make deals as they were last year.

I knew I'd take a bath on my 3200... but I couldn't afford to do both: take a bath on the rig I have, and pay the inflated price they wanted on the new rig. I even had a written quote in hand for a completely decked out 3895 that was about $10k less than what they first quoted me... but they just looked at it and said... "Fine, go get it from them." It was a complete one-eighty from the scene I witnessed last year.

I agree the show prices were not great. Aside from my Aerolite being 3k more than I paid other brands I had considered were higher as well.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:22 AM   #6

Louisiana
Aside from the floor plan you prefer, why not add a 3rd AC to the garage of your current TH? That would save you about $23k!
Old 09-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #7

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
Aside from the floor plan you prefer, why not add a 3rd AC to the garage of your current TH? That would save you about $23k!
We thought of that but the main reason is the floor plan. If it was just the A/C I would do it. Also the Epic 3 package has a lot of extras that we don't have on our current unit.
2012 EZGO Custom Cart
Old 09-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #8

Wyoming
Epic 3 Package? I've got the Epic I and Epic II.... but never heard of the Epic 3.

Also... when I asked the Dutchmen rep about the packages at the Hershey show... he told me that as of the new models rolling down the assembly line, there were no more Epic 'levels'. Just an all inclusive "Epic Package" in addition to the Garage package, Exterior Entertainment package, etc.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
Old 09-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #9

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
Epic 3 Package? I've got the Epic I and Epic II.... but never heard of the Epic 3.

Also... when I asked the Dutchmen rep about the packages at the Hershey show... he told me that as of the new models rolling down the assembly line, there were no more Epic 'levels'. Just an all inclusive "Epic Package" in addition to the Garage package, Exterior Entertainment package, etc.
I was confused also when I saw the invoice on the incoming unit and it listed Epic Package at the top, but at the bottom of the invoice after all the options it said "Epic III" package. The dealer did not know what that was so I called Dutchmen directly and spoke with the rep. for Florida. He told me the Epic III is a special fall/winter package that gets stainless appliances, residential Whirlpool convection microwave, upgraded Sony sound system in the garage, remote control for 6 point leveling, blue LED string lights on the exterior of the unit for mood lighting, upgraded surround system in main living area, heated outboard seats on sofa and theater seats, and a few other things I can;t remember but they sounded fun...
2012 EZGO Custom Cart
Old 09-29-2013, 10:11 PM   #10

Wyoming
Quote:
I was confused also when I saw the invoice on the incoming unit and it listed Epic Package at the top, but at the bottom of the invoice after all the options it said "Epic III" package. The dealer did not know what that was so I called Dutchmen directly and spoke with the rep. for Florida. He told me the Epic III is a special fall/winter package that gets stainless appliances, residential Whirlpool convection microwave, upgraded Sony sound system in the garage, remote control for 6 point leveling, blue LED string lights on the exterior of the unit for mood lighting, upgraded surround system in main living area, heated outboard seats on sofa and theater seats, and a few other things I can;t remember but they sounded fun...
Ok... I saw all of that on one unit at the Hershey show. Believe it was on the new 3990 floor plan rig that wasn't even on their website yet. The stainless was nice... and, even better, were those Sony upgrades. The main cabin had a NICE Sony Bravia TV & audio head... and the other TV's were also Sony.

Thanks for the info... gotta catalog that for if & when I do decide to upgrade my rig in the future.

(still wonder why the Dutchmen rep told me there were no more Epic levels. I'm beginning to trust those people less & less each day. )
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
Old 09-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #11

Florida
They seem to come up with these special Epic packages and then do away with them before any literature is printed! It drives me crazy! You would think it would be on their website. Imagine how much money Dutchmen could make if they kept their website up to date, kept all the sales people in the loop on new packages and upgrades and did better QC! And imagine if they gave you an owners manual specific to the floor plan/model you purchased with photos and diagrams! I would like to offer my services to the President of Thor. I could whip that division into a 300% increase in profit in 24 months.
2012 EZGO Custom Cart
Old 09-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #12

Indiana
Quote:
They seem to come up with these special Epic packages and then do away with them before any literature is printed! It drives me crazy! You would think it would be on their website. Imagine how much money Dutchmen could make if they kept their website up to date, kept all the sales people in the loop on new packages and upgrades and did better QC! And imagine if they gave you an owners manual specific to the floor plan/model you purchased with photos and diagrams! I would like to offer my services to the President of Thor. I could whip that division into a 300% increase in profit in 24 months.
How right you are.

Dutchmen people are just ho, hum. I've been looking at the Infinity Website in the past two years and other then the home page picture, nothin's changed.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote