To many gas regulators on my 3950 - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2019, 01:27 PM   #21

Location: Fulltime RVr. Where I park it. NOW: Heber/Overgaard AZ
Arizona
"Singing" bottle

I've got a 2014 Voltage 3605. My driver side propane has the switch over valve and the curb side has the single regulator. Right now my driver side is empty and the system is switched to the curb side bottle. When the furnace fires up and it fires up fine the bottle "sings". It woke me up the other night with a rendition of "moon over mymommy" . It works fine, fires up, cycles off, fires up no problem. It just makes noise. Thoughts?

3605dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:10 PM   #22

Florida
Too many gas regulators? (Not enough)

My propane tank on the hotel service side sings and clicks. I was told by a propane company employee that it was an indication of the tipover valve malfunctioning (sticking or fluttering inside the tank) The tipover valve is supposed to ensure the tank remains upright to draw all of the liquid out of the tank from the bottom. (Propane is a liquid when it is pressurized and turns into a gas when it reaches atmospheric pressure) LPG (Liquid Propane Gas). The temporary fix was to tamp it down on the dirt ground both upright and up-side down a couple times. (Obviously not on concrete to prevent sparks) This technique was supposed to jar the tipover valve from it's stuck position and work as designed. Mine usually malfunctions at 3 a.m. so I have to get up and open the other tank valve. (I only leave one open at a time so I know when to re-fill them and therefore don't run out). Hope this helps.

Sandboxredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:13 PM   #23

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandboxredneck View Post
My propane tank on the hotel service side sings and clicks. I was told by a propane company employee that it was an indication of the tipover valve malfunctioning (sticking or fluttering inside the tank) The tipover valve is supposed to ensure the tank remains upright to draw all of the liquid out of the tank from the bottom. (Propane is a liquid when it is pressurized and turns into a gas when it reaches atmospheric pressure) LPG (Liquid Propane Gas). The temporary fix was to tamp it down on the dirt ground both upright and up-side down a couple times. (Obviously not on concrete to prevent sparks) This technique was supposed to jar the tipover valve from it's stuck position and work as designed. Mine usually malfunctions at 3 a.m. so I have to get up and open the other tank valve. (I only leave one open at a time so I know when to re-fill them and therefore don't run out). Hope this helps.

Lowes has tanks that have been filled and will swap for your tank. problem solved!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:30 PM   #24

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandboxredneck View Post
The tipover valve is supposed to ensure the tank remains upright to draw all of the liquid out of the tank from the bottom.
Are you sure? I thought the tipover valve was meant to prevent liquid propane from being expelled. Normal mode is to use the gas the boils off at the top of the tank. If the tank tips and liquid propane escapes I can imagine all kinds of bad things happening.
joebedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:48 PM   #25

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
You are welcome. Some things on these RVs don't make sense. But like AZdryheat said, if they didn't have to add the other regulator, they wouldn't. They have to add a baby fire extinguisher, it doesn't have to actually suppress a real fire. They have to add tires but they don't have to last 10k miles.
It's all compliance, nothing more than that.
Very well said Sundance 87

Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote