Tips on Installing a Winch in the Garage - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2014, 10:10 PM   #21

Maryland
the coolest MC loading system for a hauler

has anyone seen this hauler from Lifestyle RV? its the Alpha gold and takes the white knuckles and soiled pants out of loading the bikes. check out the video https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOu...w2tQy1Af26_Kxw I had a wet ramp experience this past summer on my new HD Ultra limited . Ended up flying backwards out of the garage, my loading area at home is on a hill so even after I get in the garage I'm still on a pretty good incline. this new RV uses a winch and ramp system, I've searched the internet and found the company called rampage power lift, they say that you can install them in a hauler and they can easily removed but I don't know how easy. just wondering if anyone else has discovered or seen this system. here is the video of the rampage power lift Rampage Lift Rampage Power Lift for Motorcycles, Trikes, Snowmobiles [RampageLift] - $2,595.00 : Open Road Outfitters, Motorcycle Campers and Trailers, Harley Hitches, Escapade, Time Out, Mini Mate

hddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 03:49 PM   #22

South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy1 View Post
I installed a winch in the floor
Nice! Very clean install.

My garage floor is different, though; yours is missing all the tie-downs and ratchet straps that are all over mine!

2003 H-D FLHP/2010 H-D FXDC
xhogboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:11 AM   #23

Maryland
Nice Install Fuzzy1, exactly how did you wire it? I'm interested in doing this in my garage, and how did you mount the receiver hitch? have you had any problems stressing the floor or walls out?
Old 01-28-2015, 03:00 AM   #24

New Mexico
I put x member and 2 inch receiver and pull pin on it like a B&W hitch and a door on the side to get to the pull handle so it didn't show , the winch doesn't move any on the floor, the winch is in the floor and plug is also in the floor,when the winch and plug are removed it all flush when pulled out nothing stick up , I put the control plug for the winch control at the end of the garage and goes out pass the rear door when down 14 foot cable on the switch , the control for the winch is on the rail and a 0 cable goes to the batter with a fuse in line and cut off switch at the battery box if you need photos let me know as I took some when I did it, i made it so I can pull a trailer with 2 ATV in the garage if I need to go some where and couldn't boondock
fuzzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:06 AM   #25

Michigan
Warn plow/winch connectors are a great way to quickly connect and disconnect for power hungry items like this. I used them as a quick disconnect on my last camper when I built my own removeable generator rack for the rear of the camper.
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:05 PM   #26

Maryland
fuzzy1,

I would love the see all of the picks sounds very cool.