Soft Garage Floor - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2015, 03:58 AM   #1

Colorado
Soft Garage Floor

I discovered that the rear 2' of my garage floor on the right side was soft / broken. The problem occurred because the end of the rubber floor and wood sub-floor, where it meets the steel rear frame, is not sealed. The threshold across the back of the trailer looks nice but is totally useless in repelling or preventing water entry along the ramp seal or from who knows where.

It took me 2 days to remove the soft / rotted wood, clean up everything, cut and install new wood (the floor is 1" OSB). That included removing, cleaning and reusing the original rubber flooring, AND repairing wiring I inadvertently cut in the right rear corner where it comes thru the floor and enters the wall.

It's probably a good idea to remove the threshold (10-12 screws) and ck for water damage. While you're at it get some black weatherstrip adhesive and seal the lower edge of the rubber / wood floor to the rear steel frame.

4 grandkids, 1 Yellow Lab, 1 Kubota Tractor
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:35 AM   #2

Maryland
When we first bought our 3950, we had water coming into the garage...found that the latch bars weren't holding the door tight against the trailer...bought some new ones off Etrailer, luckily, no problems since.

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote