Slide not fully extended - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2020, 05:23 PM   #1

Colorado
Slide not fully extended

Good Morning. I had put a new thread under the Fifth Wheel header but being new I didn't realize there is a Toyhauler tab. Does anyone out there have an Endurance. I just got 2020 Endurance 3506G. We think the bracket on the slide in livingroom sofa slide maybe reversed and keeping the slide from opening all the way, the seal doesn't meet up either then. I sent pic of how mine looks. Can anyone send me pic of their bracket on the slide? I took this with slide closed thru window. We are in touch with dealer and Dutchmen..waiting for their reply. Thanks in advance for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200905_161911.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	6478  

Gregg/Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:06 AM   #2
RDJ

Washington
My 2017 Voltage does the same thing, I was told by another Voltage owner that they did not redesign the slide when they switched to the cables slide system therefore the upper header on the slide would hit the motor if it were to extend all the way out, I was not happy when I found this out and if I would of know this issue I probably would of not bought the Voltage

Old 09-16-2020, 01:52 PM   #3

Colorado
Thanks RDJ for your reply.. Very interesting. We thought maybe it was a mistake. So have you tried fixing it, maybe know how to fix? (Or anyone else out there have any luck fixing)?? We were thinking of turning the brackets our self and adjusting cables, we had looked at the motor, seems like enough room for the 1 1/2 inches adjustment. My Hubby is very mechanical. Or have you made any modifications to it? Am wondering if you have had any issues caused from it during the time you have had your rig (weather damage etc..)? and What i should look for. Sorry for so many questions. This was a big step for us and expense...the decision did not come easy and now 1 week into ownership we know of this issue. Our mistake for making the purchase...but now we just deal with it going forward. thanks for your time and knowledge. Sandy
Old 09-17-2020, 04:52 AM   #4
RDJ

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg/Sandy View Post
Thanks RDJ for your reply.. Very interesting. We thought maybe it was a mistake. So have you tried fixing it, maybe know how to fix? (Or anyone else out there have any luck fixing)?? We were thinking of turning the brackets our self and adjusting cables, we had looked at the motor, seems like enough room for the 1 1/2 inches adjustment. My Hubby is very mechanical. Or have you made any modifications to it? Am wondering if you have had any issues caused from it during the time you have had your rig (weather damage etc..)? and What i should look for. Sorry for so many questions. This was a big step for us and expense...the decision did not come easy and now 1 week into ownership we know of this issue. Our mistake for making the purchase...but now we just deal with it going forward. thanks for your time and knowledge. Sandy
Some day I want to try and reverse the brackets and see what happens, some day lol
Old 09-20-2020, 07:07 AM   #5

Texas
Slide out

I’ll check my 2018 endurance toy hauler slide outs vitas I recall they need that extra space for the motor width . I have the same cable system , not to impressed with the design.
Rokn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:19 PM   #6

Colorado
Thanks for taking a look at yours. My husband says it looks like there is plenty of room on ours by the motor. It only needs about 1 1/2 " to seal. Hey while I have you..our beds in the garage make a loud snapping noise as go up and down. Does yours? I told the mechanic it was broke as we were checking out...he said it was not. They probably consider broke if not working at all. Ugh.. thanks for your help.
Old 09-20-2020, 03:30 PM   #7

Texas
Endurance

Mine is fine. Sounds like chain is loose and jumping the drive cog. Check that out as it will wear the cog down the only major complaint I have is the noise from both our A/C units as they sound like a jet taking off they work fine just noisy as all heck.
Rokn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:22 PM   #8

Arizona
Gas leak in toy hauler

New to site haven't been able to get my post out there:
I have two 20 gallon fuel tanks for my toy hauler. About two feet away there is a black box with a black hose, gas is dripping out of that hose. I'm in Phoenix very hot. In middle of hot afternoon it drips at night and in the morning it does not drip when it is cooler. It seems to be designed to do that. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

fsbybw1 is offline   Reply With Quote