Shower removal - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2016, 02:01 AM   #1

Maryland
Shower removal

Has anyone taken their shower apart and removed it to clean beneath the shower pan? I have had a pesky leak behind the shower because the PEX is too long...it loosens the connection on the faucet during road travel. I am also wanting to take the whole shower apart to clean, assemble, and seal better than factory installation.

Curious if anyone had pictures or advice/hints to this little project.

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:08 AM   #2

Illinois
I had to go under mine to fix a leak. Same issue with the plumbing not being secured and too long. For me, it was easy access, as I just took out the electric fire place. Just depressed me as it's only supported by 1 by 2's wedged between the pan and frame. Plus the mass of wires just laying there.
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:41 AM   #3

Maryland
I do not have a fireplace, but if I close the pocket door and remove the panel from the small cabinet (where you fireplace is located), I will have full access to the back of the shower? That is good to know, as I don't have enough hand strength to tighten the plumbing through the small porthole in the shower.

I am also getting water seeping through the crappy caulking job around the glass walls of the shower....I may be able to take care of all this without taking out the whole shower.

Cale

Old 02-22-2016, 11:01 PM   #4

Illinois
Good luck Cale.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:51 AM   #5

Tennessee
http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...fter-1435.html

Cale, post #6.. I did help remove my shower.. a PITA .. had to reseal. Remove screws and pry away from shower stall. Be careful not to break glass. I thought it was gonna break. Once put back after properly sealing no leaks. Cant help on the pex leak problem.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:47 AM   #6

Maryland
Holy smokes....I disassembled the shower and removed this morning and just finished cleaning up an hour ago. I definitely fixed 2 water leaks...replaced the connectors on the pex to the faucet, as one was hooked up pretty bad and leaking. Cleaned the door up and caulked everything. Water had been leaking under the shower for some time....luckily, it is linoleum all the way under, though I did tear some under the shower...as there is a screw in the basement that helps hold the shower down, now I know...

I would definitely suggest pulling and caulking everything...under the glass wall next to the toilet, there was no caulk between the wall and fiberglass pan. I also changed all screw hardware to stainless steel.

Cale