Satellite Connection - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2017, 09:39 PM   #1

Georgia
Satellite Connection

First - any technical jargon will go right over my head so please speak plainly. I have a 2015 Voltage 3605 which I now live in full time; I have just purchased a DISH X2 satellite and 2 receivers. While at the dealer for some other upgrades this past weekend, I asked them about where the antenna goes into the RV, as the outside coax is labeled only "cable". There are however "sat in" connections inside. They didn't have time to really search for the satellite connection. Does anyone have THIS SAME EXACT RIG that can tell me where the satellite connection for the antenna is? Some say might be in the roof, some say it might be in vent. Any general helpful information is appreciated, or specific information about this model, BUT PLEASE DON'T INUNDATE ME WITH HOW ANY RIGS BESIDES A VOLTAGE 3605 (2014 or newer) ARE WIRED OR OTHERWISE SET UP - THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT AND YOU WILL JUST CONFUSE THE MATTER. no offense. I DO NOT want to mount this thing on the roof, as I don't want to deal with it up there, and I don't want to travel with it up there as it's quite large.

ALSO - if there is anyone in NW Georgia that can wire this thing for me, or knows of someone that can, please let me know. I'm willing to pay a reasonable fee. I've already contacted DISH and they said they don't send out installers for the RV setups
Thanks!!

Contessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:50 AM   #2

Oregon
I figure you posted this question on the 4th you probably have figured it out by now. I don't have your type of trailer but my guess would be this. You have a Sat In inside the trailer. If there is not a cable going to it now like a jumper or loop cable, then on the back of your sat receiver their should be Sat In coax connection, use a short coax and connect to the Sat In on the Wall.

Place your portable satellite outside with a clear unobstructed view of the southern sky's and connect the cable to the outside of the trailer where it says cable.
When you turn on your TV and Satellite receiver you should get the satellite setup screen

I suspect your trailer is wired in a way where you won't have a jack outside labeled Satellite.

1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:52 PM   #3

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
I figure you posted this question on the 4th you probably have figured it out by now. I don't have your type of trailer but my guess would be this. You have a Sat In inside the trailer. If there is not a cable going to it now like a jumper or loop cable, then on the back of your sat receiver their should be Sat In coax connection, use a short coax and connect to the Sat In on the Wall.

Place your portable satellite outside with a clear unobstructed view of the southern sky's and connect the cable to the outside of the trailer where it says cable.
When you turn on your TV and Satellite receiver you should get the satellite setup screen

I suspect your trailer is wired in a way where you won't have a jack outside labeled Satellite.
No one answered because no one could match the DEMANDS of the Contessa. Hell of a way to ask for help.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote