Rear Sani-Flush - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2013, 12:50 AM   #1

Mississippi
Smile Rear Sani-Flush

Was hooked up at home, still checking things over and went to flush rear black/gray all in one tank, noticed hose had no flow, turned water off and had to slowly disconnect, water was going no where; Now I trace line to under sink and see what must be a check valve, so I swap lines and what do you know the rear tank rinse is working now! At first I was telling the DW will probably have to bring camper to dealer to drop bottom and find crushed line etc. thank goodness for a simple fix.

lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:46 AM   #2

Louisiana
Both of my sani-flush connections seem to have the check valves reversed. Problem is I can't find where they are located. They are not right behind the connections.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:07 AM   #3

Oklahoma
I wonder if the check valves aren't opened when the dump valve is opened. I had the same problem with the rear flush connection not allowing water to enter the tank. I opened the dump valve because the instructions said not to flush with the dump closed.
That seemed to make the flush system work properly.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:38 AM   #4

Louisiana
I've tried it both ways. It will take some water, but very slowly. The hose stays pressurized as if no water is flowing but according to a flow meter I put inline it does take a gallon about every minute. How can that be doing any good if the dump valve is open and it's just dripping water? I had installed a "tornado" in my last camper's black tank and it did a much better job.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:57 AM   #5

Oklahoma
There's a lot of chatter about the check valve being installed backwards. Not that that is impossible to do but holy moley, someone has been installing these things for a few years. It's not like it's a prototype system and it's in the field testing phase. Also mention of a vacuum breaker/check valve combination. Some say the valve is behind the shower wall but that could be a completely different flavor of rig.
While the sealed bottom is a good idea is sure messes with trouble shooting when it comes to tanks and valves.

Google RV sani-flush and you'll find different problems associated with the system. Just be glad your problem didn't include water spraying all over the inside of your rig due to loose connections.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #6

Mississippi
OK, front Sani-Flush works, how can I tell? You can feel the flow through the hose and see water coming out of clear 45 degree connection, I too at first camp out thought rear sani-flush was working until I got home and hook up and have time just to let the systems flush, I found rear hose hard and no flow, traced to under rear bathroom sink and inlet hose from connection was hard as a rock with outlet from h check valve soft...turned off water and depressured outside and turned h check valve. Swapped inlet and outlet of h shaped check valve/siphon breaker and voila we have sani-flush to rear tank, just think of an h the inlet goes to the bottom left of the h and the outlet comes from the bottom of the upside n right side of h. PM me if not sure. Will try paint program and draw up something.....
Old 10-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #7

Mississippi
Imac=No paint program

Had to do this illustration in PDF format, hope it helps
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Anti-Syphon pic.pdf (200.8 KB, 170 views)
Old 10-20-2013, 03:28 AM   #8

Arkansas
I found that my rear San-T-Flush would not work back in July when I brought it. I took it to the dealer twice. The last time they told me they would have get a diagram from the factory to work on it. That was after they kept my Voltage all week. The first of October I was trying to figure out how I could take it to another dealer for repair. I decided I'd work on it myself. I found the check value under the rear sink was reversed. I had to carry a water hose with a wan into the RV for over 2 months because of this common error that I traced back several years. You would think after all these years they could install the thing right the first time.

Steve Brown

slb5146 is offline   Reply With Quote