Rear Patio Awning... Wind Damage Assessment - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2016, 11:12 AM   #21

North Carolina
had the same...they thought the door was broken. both doors need to be open, to shut the ramp door. the 3 season and the side man door

hopkins44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:26 PM   #22

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Brackets if you have them will be mounted on the ramp door. Quite a few folks here with Voltages didn't have brackets on theirs.
Hello group. New to the site as I just bought a 2017 3605 and love it!!!

However it did not come with brackets for the rear awning. Where has everyone been going to receive them?

Waylonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:27 AM   #23

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylonh View Post
Hello group. New to the site as I just bought a 2017 3605 and love it!!!

However it did not come with brackets for the rear awning. Where has everyone been going to receive them?
They are in the awning they slide out to the left and right. I think there is a YouTube video on them. I found this it will help see page 4.
http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/do...ers-Manual.pdf

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:22 PM   #24

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightydo View Post
They are in the awning they slide out to the left and right. I think there is a YouTube video on them. I found this it will help see page 4.
http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/do...ers-Manual.pdf
I have the arms in the awning but my voltage does not have the brackets.

It does say "Stake the carport foot to the ground. (Stakes are not included)" but i don't see how this will reach the ground.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	3611  
Old 09-21-2016, 02:01 PM   #25

Illinois
On my 3990, the "bottom brackets" are on the door frame. The arms have two points of extension; one is a push button that extends the lower part of the arm and the other is an orange plastic clip you pull out, then extend to desired length before pushing back in to lock in place. Several people have bought and added or moved the original brackets to the actual door frame, which may or may not give additional strength.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:05 PM   #26

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
On my 3990, the "bottom brackets" are on the door frame. The arms have two points of extension; one is a push button that extends the lower part of the arm and the other is an orange plastic clip you pull out, then extend to desired length before pushing back in to lock in place. Several people have bought and added or moved the original brackets to the actual door frame, which may or may not give additional strength.
Rusty
Thanks for the reply. I've extended the arms using both options you reference. I think my problem is that my awning would need to be adjusted to stake to the ends to the ground. At present, my awning is parallel with the roofline.

If memory serves me correctly, the manual referenced a few posts ago has an entry for adjusting.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:20 PM   #27

Florida
replacement parts

lost the front awning of my 2008 class C in a gust of wind that turned it into a sail and bent the arms. Didn't rip the canvas so have straightened out the arms enough so that they can hold the awning up and extended with a little work. Question is: where can I find replacement parts for the arms at a descent price? I also need to replace the front door as someone tried to break in and just bent the door out at the top and bottom enough to make it difficult to close securely.
send helpful info to me at daniel_goodell@yahoo.com. no spam please.
travelinDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:14 AM   #28

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinDan View Post
lost the front awning of my 2008 class C in a gust of wind that turned it into a sail and bent the arms. Didn't rip the canvas so have straightened out the arms enough so that they can hold the awning up and extended with a little work. Question is: where can I find replacement parts for the arms at a descent price? I also need to replace the front door as someone tried to break in and just bent the door out at the top and bottom enough to make it difficult to close securely.
send helpful info to me at daniel_goodell@yahoo.com. no spam please.
Hi, welcome to the forum. As to your question, not enough info...

What brand of awning? What model name or number? Manual or motorized? Box type or adjustable? Etc, etc, etc...

Plus, as you’ll soon find out if not already... “replacement parts at a decent price” is a somewhat relative issue, as they are all overpriced.

Finally, why would anyone need to mail the info to you? That’s why we have this forum. Answers would be posted here for you & others to come & read..

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote