Outside speakers don't work with movie FIXED! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #1

Utah
Outside speakers don't work with movie FIXED!

Outside speakers don't work with movie FIXED!

Pull stereo in garage and make sure they hooked the outside speakers to the front channel on deck (sony explode in mine) movie soundtrack only plays action and voice through front speakers. Mine was connected to rear channels and only muffled surround noise!

Thanks Dutchmen and Dealer for no help once again!

MOOSKIDOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:36 AM   #2

Can you try that again in english.. I think your trying to say you fixed your outside speakers when playing a movie. When I play a movie I dont even get a picture outside so why would I want sound>>??
Please try it again a little more plain..

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #3

Utah
Not sure how much more clear to be!

Voltage 3200 toyhauler

outside TV no sound when playing a movie from garage head unit (stereo)! Yes I FIXED it

Step one: remove stereo

step two: make sure outside speaker (wires) are attached to front speaker output on head unit (stereo)

step three: install head unit!

enjoy..

.....or do what I did and get 10 kids sat down with pop corn around the outside and find out you no sound when you turn on the movie.

Never mind you don't have a picture!
Old 07-10-2013, 01:05 AM   #4

New York
OK so I assume you have an outside TV - I know I don't - that is why I did not understand your first post either!

I was trying to figure out why you would want sound outside - now I understand!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:48 AM   #5

Utah
My apologies I thought my rig would show up I had to put that info in when I signed up. That would have been less confusing!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:05 AM   #6

Moo... when you say you are playing a movie on stereo do you have a DVD player in the bay area? All I have in my bay is a stereo radio with CD player . My DVD is inside the living area. All I can play outside is the stereo radio or CD or MP3 player. No movie outside.. I wish I could. Maybe I can and just dont know how. Let me learn..
Old 07-10-2013, 02:16 AM   #7

Utah
Hopefully my info shows up now.

Yes my Sony head unit in the garage plays dvd's, and has RCA (red white yellow) cable run to the tv outside. With the speakers outside in the same compartment. Change the input to aux or input 1 (i cant remember) on TV, and its movie night!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:19 AM   #8

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOSKIDOO View Post
My apologies I thought my rig would show up I had to put that info in when I signed up. That would have been less confusing!
I think it would be a great idea if everyone had their rig in the signature section - it would definitely help!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:18 AM   #9

I am in awe. I never knew that.. One would thing the PDI would point out some of these things.. Thanks MOO>..
Old 07-10-2013, 03:33 AM   #10

Utah
Ha that's why I started posting! I live 2 miles form the dealer and cant stand taking it in. I have been a mechanic most of my life, and have to figure things out myself most of the time cause the guys over there just don't care!

I wish it was easy to run a hdmi cable from the blue ray player then we would have it all!

After all this isnt really camping any more!
Old 07-10-2013, 03:35 AM   #11

Louisiana
Thanks for the info Mooski. Now I want to go see if my outside TV has the A/V cables run to it.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #12

Moo...>> I see you have the same unit as mine however a different TV. When you look at your pin box where it attaches to the camper there are 6 bolts on each side. I tried to have my camper lowered to the lowest level to even out my camper. Although there is an additional set of holes the mechanics at CW said the frame was beveled (??) and it would not lower anymore. By any chance is yours at its lowest level where the fiberglass front is about 1/4 inch above the frame of the pinbox>?? My fiberglass is about 2 1/2 inches above the pin box and needs to be lowered to level out the camper. I asks you because you said you do all your own work and not drag it to the dealer.
Is there any chance anyone has the same set up and successful in getting the pinbox to its lowest level (actually its as far inside the frame of the camper as possible which lowers the front) where the fiberglass part is right above the frame of the pin box.??

A little off topic but what the heck.. thanks guys.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #13

Utah
Tanman

Ill post reply in my Towing thread just to keep this one clean!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #14

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
Moo... when you say you are playing a movie on stereo do you have a DVD player in the bay area? All I have in my bay is a stereo radio with CD player . My DVD is inside the living area. All I can play outside is the stereo radio or CD or MP3 player. No movie outside.. I wish I could. Maybe I can and just dont know how. Let me learn..
Are you sure you don't have a Sony multi-disc player in the garage? I do but I still have to consult the book to make it work. I can get FM stations and can get DVD video on the garage TV but haven't tried the outside TV yet.

I don't like to open all my presents at one time so I'll save that process for when I'm really bored.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #15

Idaho
Wow this is good stuff. I've noticed when I play a certain type of DVD, namely one that has 5.1, I get a situation where (as you explained it): ".....or do what I did and get 10 kids sat down with pop corn around the outside and find out you no sound when you turn on the movie." Although my situation is in the garage. So I put the kids to bed and they can't watch a bunch of their movies. I never thought to check to see if the speakers were wired to front on that thing. Some DVDs seem to work OK though so I thought it was just a crappy head unit. I'm pretty good with this stuff usually and this problem seemed very strange to me.

Karlr is offline   Reply With Quote