Norcold 1210 Fixed! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2016, 12:30 PM   #1

Virginia
Norcold 1210 Fixed!

I'm on my second cooling unit after the first one discharged it's ammonia. It was installed by Delmarva Rv in Milford Deleware last September (where I purchased my rig). For the last few months the Norcold was struggling to keep temps below 50° in the fridge and my icecream was melting in the freezer. After extensive trouble shooting I took my rig to American Family RV and they said I needed a new unit. So I got a second opinion from Chesapeake RV Solutions and they said they found issues that would take two hours to repair. I bit the bullet on the 2 hours of labor cost and I am so glad I did! They had discovered the insulation around the unit was insufficient (they made that discovery with the fridge installed!), and they wanted to move the factory installed air baffle behind the upper vent. Fast foward to today, if I turn the temp adjustment beyond 4 my coffee creamer in the fridge starts to freeze. If you need quality service in the Hampton Roads area Chesapeake RV Solutions is a great place to conduct business with.

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:43 PM   #2

Arizona
Got any pics of what they did in the upper vent?

locash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:05 PM   #3

Virginia
Baffel

Here is a picture of the baffle. I don't have a before picture, but they did move it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	baffel.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	3442  
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote