New ceiling in three hours!
I had a problem with water getting under the roof material on the big slide. I finally repaired it after a few hours of head scratching. Come to find out the blind installers had barely put enough membrane under the trim edge and then slathered the screw heads with caulk. The water was seeping under the trim and under the membrane and making its way into the RV and eventually dripping out of one of the ceiling fixtures.
Of course water and RVs don't mix so I started seeing ripples in the ceiling covering. Apparently the covering was detaching itself from the plywood/Luan or there was some problem up there.
I sliced the ripple a few weeks back so air could get in there and hopefully help dry the areas. This was in preparation of what I did this morning.
I cut the ripplesa out to where I had a good bond between the wood and covering. I cut out a portion of the covering where I had an outcropping of those pointed tits that we see.
Where the points were I saw small holes and a strange looking something on the inside of the covering. I'm not totally sure they aren't from some kind of wood bug. That particular area is away from where all the ripples were.
I finished the project by gluing Styrofoam ceiling tiles so now I have a nice bright ceiling.
2013 Voltage 3800, 2012 Chevy 3500 HD
2010 Yamaha V Star 950
2009 Yamaha Raider
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners