Need help with our slide out !! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2022, 08:47 PM   #1

Texas
Need help with our slide out !!

The bedrooom slide out in our 2019 voltage 3705 is a loud popping sound and very slow and does not want to come in ? it seems like gears or chain skipping ? Any ideas what we can do to fix this it almost didn't come in , and were headed out again soon .

crazyjoker44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 09:57 PM   #2

Wyoming
First thing we need to know in order to help is… what system do you have?

Is it the Schwintek system, with the tracks on the side walls of the slideout… or is it a chain (or belt) driven system underneath the slide?

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 10:07 PM   #3

California
Sounds like the gearbox or the motor itself. On my bedroom slide the motor is/was mounted to the wall under the slide. You can see it if you lay down on the floor and watch it go in.

I have had two slide issues on my trailer. The first was my kitchen slide that was basically popping once or twice every time I slid it in. You can replace the motor for about the same price as the gearbox AND motor so I did both. There are gears in mine that had some teeth broken off. I had a mobile tech replace the parts.

My wardrobe motor slide literally pulled off the wall because it was held on with wood screws. The same tech made a metal bracket that he attached to the trailer frame because he thought new screws in the wood might pull out again.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1465.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	7430
It could also be out of alignment which requires adjusting the cables. There is literature out there that shows how to do it and I believe one of the members posted here too.

Good luck.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:32 PM   #4

Oklahoma
I had the same thing happen on my 2014 3895. Ended up having both slide systems and tracks replaced. Then I found this post on a Facebook RV forum I belong too. I think it is what was ultimately wrong with the system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	632AFCCE-DF4E-4BF7-8BA1-FF9ACAE992C4.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	7431  
elfaqua is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slideout issues, toyhauler, voltage