Locking Fuel Station Cap Vandalism... - Page 4 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2016, 12:21 PM   #61

British Columbia
Tom,

I hope this finds you tucked in and out of harms way. Thinking of you and everone else on the east coast in Matthew's path.

Take care.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:17 PM   #62

Texas
Ditto Coastal Folks. (If I may piggyback hddecker)

I'm on the Gulf Coast, that has been spared so far this season. 60 years. I'm seasoned and very aware.

Hang in there. I hear that our guys (CenterPoint Electric) have already left and heading your way.

2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:49 PM   #63

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
Tom,

I hope this finds you tucked in and out of harms way. Thinking of you and everone else on the east coast in Matthew's path.

Take care.
Well thanks... having grown up on the east coast, I've been through a few of these things. My current location is far enough inland (about 70 miles) that I don't anticipate too much wind damage, though there may be some localized flooding.

Back to the original topic... I did manage to get the fuel cap off. I figured I needed to make sure I was going to have power in case the poles got blown down, so I got out there and figured it out. Dug a small piece of metal out of the lock cylinder, and was able to use the key. Not sure what it was... maybe the tip of a knife blade... but anyway, it's out so I can fill the tank.

Will be driving up to Norfolk on Monday... see the neurosurgeon on Tuesday. Thanks for the thoughts...
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 02:02 PM   #64

British Columbia
Tom,

Happy to hear your in realative safety.

The last I saw it looks like it may be on it's way out over the Atlantic and has been down graded to a Cat 1. Hope it keeps heading back over the ocean.

Good to hear you got the keyway on your gas cap cleaned out. The only time I ever had to drill out a lock, was when some kind person thought it would be funny to epoxy a broken key in the lock.

I don't know what I'd do without my dental picks in my toolbox. They have become a very versatile tool, that I use often. A lot of the discount tool stores have them.

Good luck with the surgeon on Tuesday, I hope he has something that will get you back to 100% soon.

Take care and get well soon, we're missing your travels.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote