Load Management System shedding loads - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2015, 07:34 AM   #21

Michigan
Cale,
They did. Steve was great. Ran a few troubleshooting steps, he explained how the system works and we ran some tests. In the end, he said if it were his, he'd start with the transfer switch - which I happened to pick up yesterday on the way home as a preemptive strike. The system sheds loads at 44 amps by design on GEN power. Did all the prep for the swap last night. Need to grab three conduit clamps today and will finish it tonight. Didn't want to disconnect shore power for over night as we are already loaded for the races this weekend.

donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:16 PM   #22

Maryland
That's good to know, I know I had a hard time running three AC units before I added the AC Capacitors, do not have a problem now though. When I do that, I run the water heater and fridge on propane...I have tripped the breaker at the generator before, I think the microwave operating happened quicker than the Load Shed could sense or keep up with.... I do enjoy having that on the trailer.

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:22 PM   #23

Michigan
After talking to him it is a very neat thing to have. Was just surprised that the shed point is 44 amp. I thought it might be higher. Also found out that when the display shows numbers with the two decimal points, that is the 2- minute countdown timer for a system reset
Old 08-12-2015, 07:44 AM   #24

Michigan
New transfer switch solved half the problem. W/H and AC3 run fine. AC1 and AC2 still cause the panel to shed loads/lose all power. Only on generator. After the race this weekend, I will be checking wiring and connections from transfer switch to generator. George suggests a loose connection there somewhere causing that leg that supplies AC1 and AC2 or the neutral to be culprit and I can see why? Anyone know if it is L1 (black wire) or L2 (red wire) that supplies AC1 and AC2? I don't have a current probe tk check with (yet).
Old 08-12-2015, 10:03 AM   #25

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by donzinger View Post
New transfer switch solved half the problem. W/H and AC3 run fine. AC1 and AC2 still cause the panel to shed loads/lose all power. Only on generator. After the race this weekend, I will be checking wiring and connections from transfer switch to generator. George suggests a loose connection there somewhere causing that leg that supplies AC1 and AC2 or the neutral to be culprit and I can see why? Anyone know if it is L1 (black wire) or L2 (red wire) that supplies AC1 and AC2? I don't have a current probe tk check with (yet).
AC1 and AC2 on the same leg on the generator? If so, you could try troubleshooting at the generator by switching the other breaker off to see if the load from AC1 and AC2 still cause a shutdown....maybe there is a chance they are grounding out, but the load management is catching it before the generator breakers can?

Cale
Old 08-12-2015, 10:49 AM   #26

Michigan
After posting this and thinking about it, I can monitor power at the tranfer switch with a multimeter to isolate which leg it is.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:24 PM   #27

Mississippi
Had this same thing happen and one of the breakers at the generator had tripped. Have no reason why! But same symptoms as is I was only getting 30 amps. So if you have not already check the breakers at genset.
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 04:52 PM   #28

Michigan
I did check amd reset the breakers. Once I return from the weekend outing I will look further into the woring between the transfer switch and generator to include possibility of weak breaker. Thanks for the thought though!
Old 08-12-2015, 06:34 PM   #29

Nevada
Donzinger, Thanks for the diagram, I don't have anything wrong right now, but the diagram for anything our voltage has is good to have
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:37 PM   #30

Michigan
Update - as part of testing, I reversed the legs on the legs on the generator connections of the transfer switch to see if the problem reversed to the rear AC amd W/H. Now all is working fine...
Old 08-12-2015, 08:59 PM   #31

Nevada
in my unit I have AC1 and AC3 on leg the other leg has AC2. If you look at your breaker panel you will see two main breakers all the breakers to the left of mains are one leg to the right of the mains are the other leg.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:47 AM   #32

Michigan
Update - same issue going on with shedding loads again. Happened yesterday. Grrrrr....
Old 06-12-2016, 09:43 PM   #33

Oklahoma
Would you PM me on this added fuel pump. I can't see where to hook it into the fuel line. Thanks
Hvacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:04 AM   #34

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by donzinger View Post
Update - same issue going on with shedding loads again. Happened yesterday. Grrrrr....
Donzinger- did you figure your issue out yet? I seem to be having the same issue. When I turn in the gen when dry camping the load management system comes up (is before turning anything on: a/c's) then it clicks off the W/H the rr a/c, then mid a/c, then fr a/c and the whole load management system shuts off. They it comes right back on and then repeats click off. I also get a E7 code on my rear a/c when i turn them on. Now what I did was check all my breakers and one by one turned them back on, what I found is if I keep the W/H and 3rd AC breaker off the load management system shuts off but everything everything else works, Dror and mid a/c, Mircowave etc, I used propane for frig and water heater. I don't get it, checked wiring everything looks correct and tightened. Any ideas?
AzVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:11 AM   #35

Arizona
I recently had E7 codes popping up on my front br ac, pulled inside cover and opened j box to find a loose wire nut in the unit, with neutral hanging by a thread, fixed that, refired the ac, ran into same e7 code again, ugh. Looked everyhng over in the breaker panel, and tighened every thing. E7 code ame up again. Then i pulled the acneutral wire from neutral bus bar, and found silvery, not copper colored wire connection from the romex.. cut it off re stripped it, reinstalled, all good. Not saying this is your problem, but something easy to check an do just in case.

Gear
4 Seat Long Travel Sand Rail, 97 Jeep TJ Rock Crawler, 68 Roadrunner, Various Quads
Gearheadzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:40 PM   #36

Maryland
Sean,

Shot you an answer here...http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...html#post53093

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
Old 07-04-2017, 06:28 PM   #37

Arizona
I have checked all wires. I got home from our trip yesterday, plugged into 30amp, the 3rd a/c unit worked and the water heater worked on electric. So the issue seems to be only when I run the generator. When the generator is on (running refrig with propane) dry camping, the load management turns on the light for the gen is on and the 4 lights for w/h, a/c rr, a/c FRT, A/c mid are on, before I even turn on the A/c units or run anything other than maybe a light switch, the system starts cycling, what I mean by that is one by one the 4 lights w/h, a/c .... turn off then the gen light turns off and the whole load management system turns off, 1-2 seconds later all the lights turn back on and then cycle back off. Once I turned the w/h and the 3rd AC breaker off, the load management system turns off meaning no lights come on the system( system is essentially off) but I am able to turn on the mid and front a/c units, use the water heater via propane. so basically if I am connected to shore power everything works fine with the load management system, it is only with the generator which makes me believe it is the transfer switch. Yes I have checked the generator breakers as well.
AzVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:35 PM   #38

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzVoltage View Post
I have checked all wires. I got home from our trip yesterday, plugged into 30amp, the 3rd a/c unit worked and the water heater worked on electric. So the issue seems to be only when I run the generator. When the generator is on (running refrig with propane) dry camping, the load management turns on the light for the gen is on and the 4 lights for w/h, a/c rr, a/c FRT, A/c mid are on, before I even turn on the A/c units or run anything other than maybe a light switch, the system starts cycling, what I mean by that is one by one the 4 lights w/h, a/c .... turn off then the gen light turns off and the whole load management system turns off, 1-2 seconds later all the lights turn back on and then cycle back off. Once I turned the w/h and the 3rd AC breaker off, the load management system turns off meaning no lights come on the system( system is essentially off) but I am able to turn on the mid and front a/c units, use the water heater via propane. so basically if I am connected to shore power everything works fine with the load management system, it is only with the generator which makes me believe it is the transfer switch. Yes I have checked the generator breakers as well.
I would check all the connections from Generator to the transfer switch.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:51 PM   #39

Texas
I would also unplug and re seat the plug/RJ45 in the back of the LMS display. That resolved my AC issues and cost nothing.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
CSCLARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:31 AM   #40

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzVoltage View Post
Donzinger- did you figure your issue out yet? I seem to be having the same issue. When I turn in the gen when dry camping the load management system comes up (is before turning anything on: a/c's) then it clicks off the W/H the rr a/c, then mid a/c, then fr a/c and the whole load management system shuts off. They it comes right back on and then repeats click off. I also get a E7 code on my rear a/c when i turn them on. Now what I did was check all my breakers and one by one turned them back on, what I found is if I keep the W/H and 3rd AC breaker off the load management system shuts off but everything everything else works, Dror and mid a/c, Mircowave etc, I used propane for frig and water heater. I don't get it, checked wiring everything looks correct and tightened. Any ideas?
Sorry for the delay - was camping all last week where this is no cellular service.

It is normal for the lights to all click off one time upon start up. The entire start up sequence takes about 2 minutes, but after they click off, the should come back on and stay on until the panel goes to sleep.

One mine the third AC and the water heater are "shed" by the small amp probe that is wired in at the fuse panel. There may be a communication wire issue between the LMS panel and the "ammeter" with the relays in it. See the attached diagram with notes. According to Precision Circuits, the water heater and third AC are the first two loads to be shed. Loads begin shedding at 44 Amps. I would check that communication wire between the LMS panel and the amp probe in the 110V fuse panel. Mine was just under the cover for the fuse box. You'll know you've found it as it has a hole in it with the main white wire coming into the panel going through the hole before connecting to the fuse panel. This is what measures the load and displays Amps on the LMS panel.

As far as fix - I was planning to remove the LMS completely from the system as I was soo frustrated with constantly dropping all 110 power. I happened upon a diesel 7500 watt generator and after performing the swap this spring, everything has been flawless...