Leveling system relay location - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2016, 12:21 PM   #1

Ohio
Leveling system relay location

Does anyone know where the relays for the leveling system are?

I've been doing some reading and it appears I have one going bad. If i auto level everything works great, but if i manually retract the system stops several times. I have to release the retract and push again. Same with manual leveling.

Also give me some opinions on washer dryer combos.. I have 3 young kids we keep our voltage during the summer at the lake, although we won't rely on the unit to keep up with our clothes it would be nice to be able to do a load a weekend so we can leave stuff in our camper instead of having to haul things back and forth each weekend. Most likely we'd be using it for towels, sweatshirts, kids bathing suits.

On a side note, we set up for the summer last weekend at our lot about 3.5 hours away from home and everything else worked flawlessly for once! (knocking on wood as i type this)

2013- F-350 White Platinum DRW.
nonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:03 PM   #2

Illinois
Washer/Dryer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsense View Post

I've been doing some reading and it appears I have one going bad. If i auto level everything works great, but if i manually retract the system stops several times. I have to release the retract and push again. Same with manual leveling.

Also give me some opinions on washer dryer combos.. I have 3 young kids we keep our voltage during the summer at the lake, although we won't rely on the unit to keep up with our clothes it would be nice to be able to do a load a weekend so we can leave stuff in our camper instead of having to haul things back and forth each weekend. Most likely we'd be using it for towels, sweatshirts, kids bathing suits.

On a side note, we set up for the summer last weekend at our lot about 3.5 hours away from home and everything else worked flawlessly for once! (knocking on wood as i type this)
We have vented Splendide washer and dryer combo. Does a good job but takes a while. I wouldn't recommend you trying to do all your camping laundry with it as it will take all weekend. Good for a couple pairs of jeans and t shirts at a time. Need to shake out before drying or just partial dry then hang. Around $1,000. Works great for us for doing bath towels or small loads. Since we full-time in the winter, when we do linens and all, we just shoot to the laundramat.
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:57 AM   #3

Michigan
Quote:

On my 2014 3950, the relays are mounted on same wall as the hydraulic pump just forward of the pump above the batteries.
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 02:02 AM   #4

California
I had a similar post, "Balky Leveling System" and feedback is leading me to check the 50A auto-resetting breaker on the leveling system and possibly replace it with an 80A.
2015 Voltage 3800 w/ Epic IV, Int&Ext, Garage Pkgs; 8x100W Solar, 2x Xantrex C35 Charge Controllers, SW2000 Inverter & Monitor; 2005 Chevy Duramax Dually 3500 w/Banks; Kawi KFX700 & Polaris Scrambler 500 ATVs.
VCToyhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:05 AM   #5

California
Quote:

Now you have me thinking! I know I have one sensor located in the generator bay fastened to the underside of the bedroom floor. (2013, 3905 Toy Hauler) I just assumed it is the only one. Anybody know if there is/are more than one?
Also, anytime I have experienced a problem with my (screw) jacks. It has been poor connections on the motor wires. They are subject to moisture and don't stay tight. Doesn't happen a lot but when it happens I'll get and "out of stroke" error and the jack isn't even close to a full stroke. The leveling system just senses electrical resistance and checks out thinking the jack must be fully extended.
Rob C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:31 PM   #6

Ohio
I'll check and replace the relay next weekend while we are down at the lake.

VCToyhauler, I read your thread and didn't find the answers i needed so i figured i'd continue down the road. Mine seems to be doing the exact same thing as yours does. Funny thing is it just started after sitting through winter, has not become any better or worse. I never get any errors and it's more annoying then anything else. Like i said if I use the auto retract/level no issues, this only happens in manual mode. VCT keep me posted as you learn anything if you would.. I have mine set up until September when we make a trip to Breckenridge CO. Worst case I'll have it looked at when i have it winterized and serviced by the dealer in the fall.. I just figured if it was a relay, I'd mess with it at the lake if we had a rain day and couldn't be on the boat.

Thanks for all of the input, this is our first camper and I've learned some great lessons and tricks from this group.

2013- F-350 White Platinum DRW.
nonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:11 PM   #7

Pennsylvania
have 2015 voltage 3605 had problem with auto levelers would not come back up contacted tec said something was wrong with level sensor which is located about 3 feet behind rear axel in center of trailer after finding it unplugged had moister in it dried it out used electrical grease in it and have not had any problems with it sense
camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:09 AM   #8

Alberta
the sensor you see attached to the underside of the front compartment is one of two level sensors, the second is behind the rear axle, attached to the center of the floor, mine is actually under the garage, but still have to remove the corregated plastic belly wrap. I found mine when installing the brackets for my atv super clamps.
2012 Can-Am Commander XT 1000, 1998 golwing GL1500
07dmax360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:02 PM   #9

Michigan
2014 Voltage 3950 toy hauler
My LCI system started to act strange when pulling it out of winter storage ,I had to manually retract the landing gear with the manual mode setting on the controller and even then it would quit working with no errors . Something is wrong and need to know if anyone has fixed there issues with the LCI yet? I downloaded the LCI application on my phone and will continue to search there.
When in manual mode retracting the pump stops and u can here the solenoid click click but no motor until u press the retract button on and off or take the power off and on. I have the needed tools to manually retract the system, just a 1/4 drive extention and cordless drill works incase failure. Anyone solve there lift issues yet?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160502_164259.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	3225   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160502_164528.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	3226   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160502_171055_001.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	3227  
1BadDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:07 PM   #10

Michigan
I had this happen when I first got my rig. Two issues caused mine. Bad battery from dealer and also had a bad connector on my ground wire.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2016, 03:52 PM   #11

Nevada
1baddiesel, You may also have a bad wall controller, where you are pushing the button and its got a short...I also have a lance truck camper, and my hand held controller was doing just that, you would push on the button and it would work, then stop, I changed the device and no more trouble
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:56 PM   #12

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadDiesel View Post
2014 Voltage 3950 toy hauler
My LCI system started to act strange when pulling it out of winter storage ,I had to manually retract the landing gear with the manual mode setting on the controller and even then it would quit working with no errors . Something is wrong and need to know if anyone has fixed there issues with the LCI yet? I downloaded the LCI application on my phone and will continue to search there.
When in manual mode retracting the pump stops and u can here the solenoid click click but no motor until u press the retract button on and off or take the power off and on. I have the needed tools to manually retract the system, just a 1/4 drive extention and cordless drill works incase failure. Anyone solve there lift issues yet?
Before I traded my 2014 3950 in last month, it was doing the same thing. Dealer trouble shot it and said that it was the control panel. I had to cycle power button off and back on 4 times the last (and final ) time I hooked up. That would have been the second control panel for that rig, first one the digital display went blank but the buttons still functioned.
The problem solver: 2017 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 04:06 PM   #13

Alberta
Definately sounding like an LCI problem. Dutchman could wipe thier hands clean of this problem I think.
Old 05-07-2016, 02:09 AM   #14

Michigan
The relay was the problem, when loaded it gets hot and it stops working. Moved the cable that runs from the cylenoyd to relay up one relay and no issues. I will replace with a larger relay that handles the load better or longer.
Will try and post a picture of the location, it's the middle one . Now just need to find one ? Probably call the manufacturer LCI. Thank you for the help here.
Old 05-07-2016, 07:59 AM   #15

Michigan
Problem solved

My trouble was the 50 amp relay going to find an 80amp replacement relay , glad it wasn't the controller, LCI is out of stock on there Web site. No more reseting the manual level buttons. Also after reading about manually overriding the system ,i checked into the tools required 1/4 inch hex driver bit. Top of the motor has access for the bit and not much room for a cordless drill ,maybe a dewalt driver with a short bit will work or flex extention. Tools to add to the list for emergency failure on the landing -leveling system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160507_033814.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	3232  
Old 05-07-2016, 09:17 AM   #16

Michigan
Circuit breaker is the correct word for the part I have been calling a relay. Decided to just replace with 50amp 12v circuit breaker not 80 amp . I will carry a spare .
Old 05-07-2016, 03:03 PM   #17

British Columbia
You scared me, a 60% increase in amps is a pretty big jump.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:03 PM   #18

Alberta
Best part about those things is, they reset. If it were a fuse, if it were a short or too much draw it would be popping them like Skittles. Those breakers are available at any auto parts store too. Napa or part source stop them. They are used in a lot of older semi trucks. Not too expensive, but still the odd one that fails prematurely.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:08 PM   #19

Michigan
I grabbed a few from AutoZone when last rig had electrical gremlins and have them in boonie box in this one as well

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2017, 11:35 PM   #20

Texas
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadDiesel View Post
My trouble was the 50 amp relay going to find an 80amp replacement relay , glad it wasn't the controller, LCI is out of stock on there Web site. No more reseting the manual level buttons. Also after reading about manually overriding the system ,i checked into the tools required 1/4 inch hex driver bit. Top of the motor has access for the bit and not much room for a cordless drill ,maybe a dewalt driver with a short bit will work or flex extention. Tools to add to the list for emergency failure on the landing -leveling system.
BadDiesel, I think I have the exact problem you had. My leveling just clicks when trying to lower or raise manually. Auto does nothing at this point. Battery new in last 6 months, and I am plugged up to 50Amp shore power. I called LCI after labor day and they said bad Trombetta Solenoid(they sent me new one) so I replaced today and still no luck. Found your post and I have no clue where you are referring to on 50amp relay. I have looked at breakers inside entry door - did not take out each fuse though. I did turn off the breakers and there is still power to the level up so thinking that might not be related.

Thanks for your pictures. I thought I had swapped the yellow and green wire when replacing the solenoid. I did check the 30amp fuse that the solenoid is plugged into and it seems good.

I wonder if I am not getting enough juice from the converter.

In reading everyone's other posts. I think trouble was leading up to this point. I remember that last several times the auto retract would timeout and i would need to run it again to get the jacks all the way up.

Also on another note different this time when I plugged up to shore power the little blue light did not appear - is that just a light problem or more electrical issues.

Look forward to further feedback. Wife has been politely hinting to take camper back to storage. I am liking the excuse for the moment that it is stuck in the driveway. No letters from HOA yet. if not resolved soon will need to learn the manual way.

2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD Diesel
2014 Voltage V-3950

skifamily is offline   Reply With Quote