Kodiak Toy Hauler - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #1

Kentucky
Thumbs down Kodiak Toy Hauler

We purchased a 2013 Kodiak Toy Hauler 292TQB. We have had many issues with this camper, all relate to POOR WORKMANSHIP.
The AC unit is not cooling the entire camper, Awning is not rolling up correctly, the rubber seal came off above the slide-out, the battery only lasts 2 hours and it has a WATER leak in the sky light in the kitchen area! We have only had the camper out 3 times and have experienced all these issues. Not to mention things we fixed outselves, the shower had no support under it, we had to put 4x4 blocks under it. none of the cabinets have any shelves, we built them to have more space (this unit has very little cabinet/closet space). The emergency window was bent and we had to fix that because it wouldn't open.
Very upset that I searched for the right toyhauler for us for 2 years and we decided on this one and now we have all these problems.

Sherry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:14 AM   #2

Sorry to hear all of this, I do believe you must have got one that was built on a bad day or something because we have the same exact trailer and have had very few minor issues with it and we use ours a couple times a month. We love it. Hope you get it all fixed under warranty.

2008 Yamaha Raptor 700
halibuthays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #3

New York
Well Sherry - I just found your post and I have to admit our trailer is as bad if not worse than yours!

We had a nail come thru the fiberglass, the windows do not lock in the slide; the slide does not operate properly; the stairs where not painted; the kitchen cabinet doors are warped; the bath tub is tilted in the wrong direction ~ so no matter how you are parked water leaks onto the floor; the front fiberglass cap has pulled away from the side trim and it now leaking like a sweve; there where not shelves in any of our closets either, our Happijac bed is missing the pins to keep it in the upright position. We ordered a door for our bedroom overhead closet, with the hardware - well we have one hinge and no screws - can't seem to find anything close to the design locally to finish that project.....the black tank cleaner sprayed the interior of the trailer to a point that I burst into tears.....oh and the list just goes on and on! Our dealer had our trailer for 6 weeks and the only thing that got done was the nail thru the fiberglass.......needless to say we are not happy campers!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #4

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by halibuthays View Post
Sorry to hear all of this, I do believe you must have got one that was built on a bad day or something because we have the same exact trailer and have had very few minor issues with it and we use ours a couple times a month. We love it. Hope you get it all fixed under warranty.
Maybe you got the that was built on a good day!

The problem with the RV industry is there is no quality control, pride in carftsman and no competion from other markets to keep them honest.

I remeber the days when the auto industry didn't have to compete with the gobal market. Quality was job none. Then comes the rest of the world making in roads and the big 3 had to clean up their act.

I should have known after the fiasco with our Airstream that I should stay away from Thor products. Stupid me.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #5

To keep it fair....to Kodiak .. Every one should look at a $30k trailer purchase a little closer before you get it home and realize it is short on cabinets/ storage and shelves.
I do feel bad for all your other problems, however the same complaints are on fleet wood, skyline, Holiday rambler and many other forums. I agree with HD Decker #4 on this page..... Today's craftsmen ship and quality control is just not to be seen.
2008 Yamaha Raptor 700
halibuthays is offline   Reply With Quote