Is everyone having schwintek issues? - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Have you experienced slide problems?
Too many to count, run away 2 7.14%
Yes, a single major problem 4 14.29%
Yes, a single minor problem 6 21.43%
No problems 16 57.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2015, 12:54 AM   #21

New Jersey
Update on our failed bedroom slide. The good news is the local RV service facility, Garick RV in northern NJ was able to replace the slide motor, and get it working well enough to be able to go to FL. They are ordering replacement "columns" for both sides. I asked today exactly what that comprises, it's basically the frame that holds the motor, holds the shaft, rod & gears, and also the tracks on the sides of the RV. I've had problems with this slide fully extending, and retracting in the past. I should have put in a warranty claim. The shop's opinion is the slide was not properly installed in the first place. They said with the motors disengaged, you should be able to easily push the slide in or out. Mine hangs. There is weight on the slide mechanism, which tore up one of the tracks. When we get back, they are going to take the entire slide out, and shim it so it is riding on the rollers and properly aligned, putting less stress on the slide mechanism. I'd chalk my issues up not to Schwinteck, but to a poor initial installation. I asked them to take pictures, and give me a writeup. Even though I'm out of warranty, I'm going to try and pursue a reimbursement claim with Dutchmen.

I'm not sure why the upper seal failed, and led to the motor getting wet, maybe also installation related? My recommendation to others is to consider slide toppers to hep protect the finicky motors. I wish I'd bought a service plan, would have been a good investment in my case.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:26 PM   #22

Washington
Purchased the coach last July. Only problem I've had is the slide rail cutting into the slide seal. My guess is that they mis-aligned the install of the seal. I've already contacted the dealer and they will repair under warranty. Since that seems to take a while I'll have it done when we're not going to use it for a month or so.

Happiness is an old pickup truck, a good dog and an understanding woman....
ewacowboy is offline   Reply With Quote