Hvac - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2021, 01:30 AM   #1

Florida
Hvac

I haven't been satisfied with the Hvac system since I bought my trailer. The furnace barely puts out in the bedroom and is non existent at the garage. I haven't used the furnace since last winter and fired it up. There was no heat in the bedroom. I removed the wall to the furnace area and found that the 2" duct to the bedroom had fallen off the furnace. They only had two pieces of foil tape on the duct. There were also pieces of foil tape laying around, where it had fallen off the other ducts. There were no tie wraps or hose clamps on any of the ducts.

I removed the 2" duct from the bedroom and the 4" from the bathroom. 4" was too much for the small bathroom. I ran a new 4" duct to the bedroom and ran the 2" duct to the bathroom. I tie wrapped all the ducts and taped them up again. Now I have plenty of warm air going to the bedroom and just the right amount going to the bathroom.

The company needs to redesign their Hvac system. They also need to fire their quality control person, since my Hvac was inspected. Hopefully down the road I will tackle the lack of heat to the garage.......

Dave1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 06:01 AM   #2

California
My system had similar issues. One pretty easy modification was to get a replacement vent for the bathroom that allows me to close it off. The original vent was just directing airflow straight out. Now I keep it shut all the time because that vent was likely the closest to the furnace and all the heat went in there. This helped a lot by not wasting so much hot air into the bathroom.

I also figured out that even though I have two air conditioners they are cross ducted so really work best when both are running. And the one has a furnace but the other does not. The one without the furnace doesn’t have a “heat” mode it still seems to generate heat when using auto which is likely accomplished by running the compressor in reverse like apartment hvac systems without a furnace do.

Old 12-01-2021, 04:29 PM   #3

Florida
I closed my bathroom vent off, but it had no effect on the bedroom heat. The 2" duct to the bedroom runs off another duct.
Dave1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:51 PM   #4

North Carolina
Welcome to the trials and tribulations of owning a Thor Dutchman product! I found numerous things not well connected or installed on my new 2014 when I first set it up.

Pex Water lines not crimped under the bed and water shot everywhere all over my new mattress. Counter top not fully screwed down and when I got to my first campsite it was partly off and damaged. I could go on and on and on about the quality of Dutchman. But its easier to say that quality control is ZERO.

Dutchman has ZERO quality control! Better buy some camper tools and a PEX crimper!
Witt84z is offline   Reply With Quote