Hot Water Heater - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2018, 05:44 PM   #1

Virginia
Question Hot Water Heater

First trip out on Voltage 3605 and the second night the hot water heater just stopped working. Looked all around for a reset or fuse, something to push. Did not find anything. Both the Gas or Electric will not heat the water. LP tanks full. Stove words fine. Any ideas.
Thanks Andy

Andy3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:50 PM   #2

Wyoming
OK, first question... are you SURE the heater isn't heating water? As in, did you go outside, remove the cover, pop the release valve, and only cold water came out? If not, try that first to confirm the heater is the culprit.

If you do feel hot water from that release valve... then first thing to check is your "external shower" (hose) in the wet bay compartment. Make sure both Hot & Cold valves are turned off (closed). If they are left open, the water will mix and you will not get hot water from your sink & shower faucets.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:54 PM   #3

Virginia
Tom, I did just that. checked at the pressure relief valve that night and the next morning. Was cold.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:02 PM   #4

Arkansas
Check the igniter when I got my 3605 it was to far out of the path of gas and would not ignite just had to bend the bracket a little towards the gas flow and been working since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy3605 View Post
Tom, I did just that. checked at the pressure relief valve that night and the next morning. Was cold.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
scottxpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:58 PM   #5

Virginia
Thanks Scott. It lit and worked first day and a half. I watched it light and worked fine, I am thinking it is something else. I never heard it click when I tried to get it to go on that second night.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:39 PM   #6

Florida
See my previous post regarding 110v connections to the hot rod. Just something to check off the list. Good luck.
Hwanjwcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:19 PM   #7

Maine
Do you check to make sure there is no bug nest inside the burner tube? If it went to lockout for that or another reason, cycle the switch on the wall to off, then after a bit turn it back on. If the safety lockout is the culprit, this will reset it.

I recently replaced my water heater all by myself. I had never done one. After 2 days of no shower and unusually hot temps I was sure ready last night. Guess what? Mine lit and ran good for about 10 min and then just stopped. I recked my brain trying to figure out what I did wrong. Turns out it was as simple as running out of propane lol. I went to he store this am and exchanged one tank, about 20 min after hookup I did my first hot shower in this new to me 180 Classic. Good luck!
MaineDutchmen180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:33 PM   #8

Ontario
He said it doesn't work on gas or electric. Bugs in the gas burner wouldn't affect the electric element. Is the breaker on? Did someone turn off the switch at the heater?
joebedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:23 PM   #9

Indiana
If on
electric, ensure switch on control panel. There is also a breaker in your box. My 3605 it's the 15amp 3rd from the left.
kraines1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:47 AM   #10

Wisconsin
Had the same problem in our Infinity. Problem was a defective electronic control unit. This small box usually sits on top of the water heater (or very nearby). Turning on the unit to "gas" and the fault light would illuminate. About 30 seconds later it would go out, the water heater would start (audible from inside the trailer) but would stop after about 10 seconds. Had the control box replaced and no further problems.