Help!! In Command Controller Not Working - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2017, 02:34 AM   #1

California
Help!! In Command Controller Not Working

I just went down to my trailer to check to make sure things are working before our trip in a few days and the In Command Controller is not working. It will light up with a dull white screen but not connect to the BCM. I had to hold the power button for about 10 seconds to turn it on but wont connect. It just stays a dull white. I went to the BCM and pulled the cover off and tried opening one of the awnings and it worked fine. I cycled the power to the whole RV off and waited about 30 seconds and then turned it back on. Still not working. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do next?

Old 07-20-2017, 02:38 AM   #2

California
The trailer was in the shop a week ago for some suspension work but they did not do anything electrical. While it was there the battery did run dead but when I brought it home I plugged in the trailer to 110 power to charge the battery. I never went inside to check that everything was still working because I didn't think that I needed to since they were not doing anything other than suspension work. Just thought I would add this in just incase that might make a difference in problem solving.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:44 AM   #3

Ontario
I had to google In Command Controller and BCM. Sorry, can't help - I just have buttons and lights.
joebedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:55 AM   #4

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mohon View Post
I just went down to my trailer to check to make sure things are working before our trip in a few days and the In Command Controller is not working. It will light up with a dull white screen but not connect to the BCM. I had to hold the power button for about 10 seconds to turn it on but wont connect. It just stays a dull white. I went to the BCM and pulled the cover off and tried opening one of the awnings and it worked fine. I cycled the power to the whole RV off and waited about 30 seconds and then turned it back on. Still not working. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do next?

I had the same problem. I hold the button on the far left tell it shuts of to a black screen. Then hold the button down again tell it comes back on wait for it to connect to the BCM then should work.

If still will not connect take black cover of at the BCM and there is a red Button push it and it should connect
Black Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:36 PM   #5

California
Help!! In Command Controller Not Working

I called ASA which is the the manufacture and they had me confirm the voltage to the back of the screen. I confirmed that the voltage was 13.7 vdc. They said I could ship them the screen and they would have it for about 3 days before they can confirm my issue and send a replacement or I could take it to a dealer for them to confirm my issue and that they could send one out today. I am now waiting for camping world to get back to me. Hopefully they will be able to look at it today and get one on order and have it overnighted to me directly to install myself.