Heater ??? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2017, 12:06 PM   #1

Colorado
Heater ???

Hi All,
We are going to take our 2012 Voltage out for the first time and I was thinking we might need some heat. I looked through all my paper work and manual and can't find anything on the heater. How do I turn it on ? Is it gas or electric ? Where is it located so I can get the make and model to look for a manual on line ?
Also having trouble getting the A/C in the bedroom to come on.
Thanks so much for any help.
SR

Sandrooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:01 PM   #2

New Jersey
It might help if you shared which model Voltage you have. On most, the thermostat has to be cycled from A/C to heat. Press the button until you get to heat, set the desired temperature. The furnaces in these units are forced Air propane, so make sure you have propane, and it's turned on. If the propane has been off, or not used in awhile, you may need to purge the lines of any air first. I usually light all the burners on the stove to make sure propane is flowing.

Depending on how cold it gets, you may burn through propane pretty quickly. Make sure your heat vents are not blocked, check the one in the garage. If you have adjustable vents, make sure they are open. If you have an electric fireplace, that can provide additional heat. We also use one of those small cerimac heaters for supplemental heat.

Old 02-12-2017, 03:50 PM   #3

Colorado
It's a V3600. Thanks
Old 02-12-2017, 04:21 PM   #4

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrooney View Post
It's a V3600. Thanks
If you have the Epic package, controls may be slightly different, but it's the same propane furnace setup in all models.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:42 PM   #5

Colorado
It is the Epic. Thanks for the help I think I got it. Thanks again
Old 02-13-2017, 12:34 AM   #6

Colorado
One other note, on the thermostat the furnace is only on zone 1. You have to be in that zone to find the furnace mode. The fan only will come on first, you'll hear the igniter sparking. The igniter will try 3 sessions (a session is about a dozen sparks) to light the burner before it gives up and just runs the fan.
As pdanoghu says it always helps to fill the gas lines and light a burner first if your system has had the gas turned off for the season or you ran out of propane. When the burner lights you can hear it. We have found the furnace in our 3950 works very well so far down to 30 degrees.
Lilnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #7

Colorado
I got it. Thanks a lot.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:02 PM   #8

California
My forced air heater works great. The only thing about it is that it is loud and I went through a tank of LP in less than two nights. I bring along two space heaters with me. One small one for the bedroom and a little larger one for the rest of the cabin. I do this because it is much cheaper for me. I use the electric heaters because I don't have to pay for the power vs I do pay for the propane. The heaters pay for themselves after a few nights of use.
Mr. Mohon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:30 AM   #9

California
Since when we stay in parks we are really paying for the electricity so we use a nice space heater that oscillates. Set it a 69 for night time then up to 72 for breakfast etc. Will use TT heater if necessary to get it up the temp quickly. WE do have a smaller unit so space heater is perfect.

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:01 AM   #10
Site Team

North Carolina
One key item to keep in mind... if you have "heated" tanks, they may be heated by the LP furnace. You need to have the furnace running to circulate warm air into the tank space. Determine what your unit has and plan accordingly. My current unit has tank heater pads so the furnace is not involved. On my old Airstream you had to have the furnace on to keep the tanks warm.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote