Hauling removable tables - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #1

Ohio
Hauling removable tables

Where or how is everyone hauling their removable table tops in a voltage. I was placing it on top of the top bunk, however it was not still there when I got to my destination. Just looking for ideas and pics.

Thanks

sprint151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #2

since we seldom use either one we store them under the bed in the master bedroom. It only takes a minute to get them out of there if needed.

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #3

Oklahoma
X2. We store ours under the bed as well.
macman83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:06 AM   #4

New Jersey
I tried storing it on top of the couch/bed, but the pole mounts ended up scratching the underside of the upper bunk bottom.

Now I wrap the garage table to prevent scratches, and place it in the upper bunk, but under the mattress. Its a bit of a pain to get it in there. We drove to FL from NJ and back without any issues. The main compartment smaller table goes under the bed.

I plan to have heavy duty protective covers made, with loops to secure the covers. I'm hoping I can attach them to the rails for the couch and bunk bed once it is raised up, on the sides of the garage. It will make it easier to get to them and setup, once we reach our destination.
pdonoghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:05 AM   #5

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdonoghu View Post
I plan to have heavy duty protective covers made, with loops to secure the covers. I'm hoping I can attach them to the rails for the couch and bunk bed once it is raised up, on the sides of the garage. It will make it easier to get to them and setup, once we reach our destination.
That's kind of what I was thinking about doing if you get it done take some pics
sprint151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:32 AM   #6

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint151 View Post
Where or how is everyone hauling their removable table tops in a voltage. I was placing it on top of the top bunk, however it was not still there when I got to my destination. Just looking for ideas and pics.

Thanks
I store the table for the garage under the mattress of the top bunk. It rides well there does not move.
Ie; top down
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #7
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
I store the one for the garage under the bed. The one in the living area is in our basement, since we never use it.
Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #8

Colorado
X3 - under the bed in the master bedroom until needed. You can wrap them with a blanket for extra padding if desired but they ride well there.
Diggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #9

Wyoming
If you're worried about them sliding off and damaging your toys... simply go buy a couple of large bungee cords, and wrap them around the it and the bed.

That said... I store mine in attic above my garage at home. As far as I'm concerned, the tables that come with the rig (and the poles) are worthless... both of them (main cabin & garage).

Instead, I bought a couple of folding tables from Costco, which are far more sturdy & useful. I can put them wherever I want, they're sturdy enough to use for a workbench, practically indestructible, and I store them on top of the Happi-Jac bed in the garage.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #10

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
If you're worried about them sliding off and damaging your toys... simply go buy a couple of large bungee cords, and wrap them around the it and the bed.

That said... I store mine in attic above my garage at home. As far as I'm concerned, the tables that come with the rig (and the poles) are worthless... both of them (main cabin & garage).

Instead, I bought a couple of folding tables from Costco, which are far more sturdy & useful. I can put them wherever I want, they're sturdy enough to use for a workbench, practically indestructible, and I store them on top of the Happi-Jac bed in the garage.

These are the tables we use as well. I do keep the garage table under the master bed but, we only use it if it is just the DW and I.
firestone bags with AirRide wireless auto level Curt Q20 on R5 rails
Jbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #11
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
Do you happen to know the dimensions of the table?

Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote