Ground control 3.0 RR jack doesn't work - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2023, 08:50 PM   #1

Alberta
Ground control 3.0 RR jack doesn't work

Hey all, I have a 2021 voltage 3571 with the ground control 3.0 system. The RR jack seems to get no power from the controller. I can't do the 6 inch extend and retract reset as the only way to move the RR jack is to put direct power to the harness from a battery. So I'm assuming it's something in the controller, but im not sure how I would test that to find out if it's the controller or the touch pad. If anyone has any insight for me that would be greatly appreciated. We are currently living in the trailer for the summer, so taking it back to the dealer is a big pain in the A. And the mobile rv guy around here told me to just get the lippert app and that didn't help at all.

Thanks,
Sascha

Sloewerider911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 11:45 PM   #2

California
Have you tried a reset and/or recalibration? Not sure of the steps to do this as they change as these get updated.

Old 05-09-2023, 12:03 AM   #3

Alberta
The reset requires me to lower all Jack's 6" and then fully retract them all. But having no power from the controller going to the rr jack, I can't do that so I'm stuck
Sloewerider911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 02:13 AM   #4

California
Have you tried hitting up 5 times followed by down 5 times with the power off?

This is supposed to reset the zero point. Even if you are not level I would try this because you could always reset it again when you are level.

The fact that your screwy jack moves a little tells me you probably have a good connection or at least might have one.

I don’t have any other ideas.

Good luck.
Old 05-14-2023, 12:20 AM   #5

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloewerider911 View Post
Hey all, I have a 2021 voltage 3571 with the ground control 3.0 system. The RR jack seems to get no power from the controller. I can't do the 6 inch extend and retract reset as the only way to move the RR jack is to put direct power to the harness from a battery. So I'm assuming it's something in the controller, but im not sure how I would test that to find out if it's the controller or the touch pad. If anyone has any insight for me that would be greatly appreciated. We are currently living in the trailer for the summer, so taking it back to the dealer is a big pain in the A. And the mobile rv guy around here told me to just get the lippert app and that didn't help at all.

Thanks,
Sascha
I had a similar problem with the Ground Control 3 system installed on my 2017 Denali TT. After owning the trailer for a little more than a year I lost power intermittently to the front jack. Talked with Lippert and several RV techs to no avail. The most recommended procedure was the reset process noted in one of the posts. That didn’t work. Then we noticed our thermostat in the RV was not working with the AC. Then one night we woke up to water all over the kitchen floor. One of our gallon jugs had been chewed through by a friendly rodent. That was the clue I needed. I finally located some rodent chew marks on the wiring harness from the Ground Control front jack just at the point the the wiring disappeared into the trailer underbody insulation. I cut open the harness and soldered the chewed wires together, taped stuff up and put it in to a new wiring cover. Worked like a charm after that. So you may have another problem but I would check to make sure you don’t have a wiring break due to furry creatures or just a coincidental break. Your symptoms were nearly identical to what I was experiencing.
Dansker47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 12:14 PM   #6

Tennessee
Try switching the harnesses for the RR and LR jacks at the controller. If the issues stays with the RR jack, you know the issue is with the RR harness or the RR motor. If it moves to the LR jack, you know the problem is with the controller.
Old 05-22-2023, 12:20 AM   #7

Colorado
Not sure if this will help you or not, but when I had issues with my leveling system it turned out a couple of the solenoids had become loose for each jack at the hydraulics. I figured like most screw,nuts and bolts on thees trailers it was from vibrations while dragging them down the road.

Hope this helps.

bkuuz1 is offline   Reply With Quote