Grey Tank 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2020, 04:20 PM   #1

Florida
Grey Tank 2

I did a search and could not find the answer. Does anyone know if the Grey Tank 2 on the 2020 Voltage V3635 is only for the washer/dryer? That would be quite a bummer considering that would likely leave us with less than 50 gallons for shower, bathroom sink and kitchen sink.

A couple other (somewhat unrelated) questions:

- does anyone know where the freshwater holding tank is located underneath?

- does in command work with any persons phone or is that just a goofy option that does not actually work?

Anyway, happy with the rig just working out the kinks coming from a Grand Design Imagine TT

Schraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:30 PM   #2

Idaho
I also have a 3635 and the bathroom is one tank and the galley and washer is another tank.
Haven't dropped the sheeting to look for the fresh water tanks
Works well with my phone. Haven't tried to link it with another phone yet. Seems to work
pretty well. It's easier to use than the small touch screen!
It's a pretty nice unit. The biggest drawback I have found, is the limited cargo capacity!
Enjoy your Voltage

littlemick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:46 PM   #3

California
My 3305 is the same as littemick’s. Bathroom shower and sink in the forward gray tank that has the valves in the wet bay and kitchen(galley) sink plus washer/dryer in the rear with the valve on the left rear of the trailer. Rear tank drains into the main connection but the valve is way in the back.

IN·Command works great for me most of the time. Early on it didn’t like to connect but I think a subsequent app or iPhone OS update fixed it. I really like the app especially because I can stand outside and work the slide outs when extending and inside when pulling in.

Be careful with the suspension. Many of us have had issues with the leaf springs sagging and shackles breaking. Same with the cheap OEM tires. I don’t want to scare you but I would consider new tires and new suspension (leafs, shackles, hangers).
Old 09-17-2020, 11:56 PM   #4

Florida
Good info, thanks! I feel like something must be wrong because my back tank is empty even after running the sink. As far as the leaf springs, shackles and hangers...is this something you modified yourself or did you take it somewhere?
Old 09-17-2020, 11:56 PM   #5

Florida
Thanks for the info! What kind of phone do you have? Maybe it's because I'm on Android but that touch screen is impossible to touch lol
Old 09-18-2020, 01:02 PM   #6

Idaho
I have an Android and seems to work really well. (Maybe I'm just one of the lucky one's) My fingers are too fat to use the touch screen on the In-Command. Cant imagine anybody having larger fingers than me using it and I'm not a large person.
littlemick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:41 PM   #7

Florida
Lol, totally with you. I'll try again, thanks!
Old 09-23-2020, 08:56 PM   #8

Oklahoma
Well...

[QUOTE=Schraff;75192]I did a search and could not find the answer. Does anyone know if the Grey Tank 2 on the 2020 Voltage V3635 is only for the washer/dryer? That would be quite a bummer considering that would likely leave us with less than 50 gallons for shower, bathroom sink and kitchen sink.

I have a 2014 3895.

I have the bottom off of the unit and insulating the floor and frame with with Rockwool Brand Insulation.

Here is what I found on the tanks which should be similar to yours. The grey 1 &2 tanks are both the same size, although they are not connected to overflow into each other. Each tank has a 60 gallon tank capacity. The Grey #2 tank services the washer, the kitchen sink, and the sink in the 2nd bathroom in the back. The second bathroom in the back has a separate 35 gallon black tank.

The way to marry the two grey tanks when in use is add a Valterra 3" RV Waste Dump Gate Valve (Amazon) on the 3 " pipe where you hook up to dump your tanks and with that valve shut, open both of your grey tank dump valves which will marry the two tanks together. The Valterra is a great add on to prevent any accidents....

Kind of a pain but it works out in the field.
elfaqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:40 PM   #9

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schraff View Post
I did a search and could not find the answer. Does anyone know if the Grey Tank 2 on the 2020 Voltage V3635 is only for the washer/dryer? That would be quite a bummer considering that would likely leave us with less than 50 gallons for shower, bathroom sink and kitchen sink.

A couple other (somewhat unrelated) questions:

- does anyone know where the freshwater holding tank is located underneath?

- does in command work with any persons phone or is that just a goofy option that does not actually work?

Anyway, happy with the rig just working out the kinks coming from a Grand Design Imagine TT
We have a 2017 Aerolite 272RBSS. There are 2 grey tanks on out unit. One is for the rear bath shower, the other is for the kitchen sink which is further forward.
The Incommand does work with my android phone. I had to download the app from the Google play store.
Technoguy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:24 PM   #10

Florida
Very good info! I am going to order that on Amazon and when I find some time to make the install, I'll dive in! I appreciate the response
Old 09-23-2020, 11:57 PM   #11

Washington
Try this:
Drain all tanks. Open all gates valves. Run clean water into each sink or drain. This should allow you to determine what drains go to which tanks.
swixelann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:00 PM   #12

Texas
Ok, what am I doing wrong? When I try to connect my iPhone to iN·Command, it just says “connecting” and does nothing. 2020 V4145
2019 Ford F350 Dually Yamaha Wolverine
4happyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:08 PM   #13

Oklahoma
InCommand

Without being there its difficult to diagnose. If your trailer is stationary and powered, make sure to "Unlock" the incommamd from the touchscreen or from your phone before attempting any function commands.
Technoguy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:16 PM   #14

Texas
The problem seems to be that my phone won”t make a connection. When I pair with Bluetooth, it shows jump on a list, but that’s it.
2019 Ford F350 Dually Yamaha Wolverine
4happyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 06:08 PM   #15

California
When I first got my Voltage the IN·Command was really finicky but for the past year or so it works great. Have you tried searching for you phone from the Bluetooth connections screen on the control pad? If I recall you can search from your phone and from your control panel. I forget which way worked better for me but it is really solid now.