Generator will not turn on from my in-command - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2021, 06:03 PM   #1

Texas
Generator will not turn on from my in-command

I have a 2017 3990
And my generator will not turn on from my in- command screen but will turn off and prime the unit from the screen and my phone.
Has anyone had this problem before.

Scalemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:39 AM   #2

North Carolina
That’s odd. Sounds like a software problem. I was trying to figure out how to connect my generator to the in-command.

1997 keystone Cougar gone but not forgotten
Snafu82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:46 AM   #3

California
Personally, I think I like the lack of software on my generator switch. There have been times when using the iN·command to control the slides that it will stop and start or run a second or so longer after I stop pressing the touch screen. I think the iPhone might be better than the touchscreen but not sure. Either way I like to be able to control the prime and also the crank. Probably a little anal but I just like the big switch.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:07 AM   #4

North Carolina
No doubt!! Especially after reading this. I only wanted to be able to control the generator while driving. But think I’ll stick with the “big switch”’��
Old 02-24-2021, 11:19 AM   #5

Texas
I like the switch also , but after this bad weather we had here in Tx, we stay in the rv cause we didn’t have power for a few days.
So trying to turn everything from inside the rv was nice but the generator didn’t it would have been nice.
Im going to see if i can get a hold of someone at voltage about the software for it.
Thank y’all for your replys.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:23 PM   #6

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalemaster View Post
I like the switch also , but after this bad weather we had here in Tx, we stay in the rv cause we didn’t have power for a few days.
So trying to turn everything from inside the rv was nice but the generator didn’t it would have been nice.
Im going to see if i can get a hold of someone at voltage about the software for it.
Thank y’all for your replys.

Possibly someone at Dutchmen can help but I doubt it. My gut tells me the main control center that all the wiring ties into in the storage compartment would need a place to physically run wires. I do not know if that spot exists and would speculate it doesn’t because it would have been cheaper to connect iN·Command than a hard switch because less wiring would be required.

I would ask in the forum if someone who has the functionality can take a picture of their main board and send to you.

Software should be able to get from the company that makes iN·Command. And the app on your phone would be the easiest part as that is just a download.

Open the app on your phone and there is contact information in the “i” section for the manufacturer.

Something tells me this will be costly and time consuming (and void a warranty or two) but I will follow to see how it goes and wish you luck.

Good luck
Old 02-24-2021, 02:39 PM   #7

California
Just found this on the web:

https://in-command.net/pro-plus/

You need the pro-plus model and I believe you have the pro. The control board or BCM (body control module) has the physical connections and the software for that model differs too.

You should be able to buy it and install it pretty easily though as the mounting location and all wiring other than the generator wiring runs to the BCM and control pad in your rig. All you will need to do is disconnect wiring from the hard switch and run to the BCM instead.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:24 PM   #8

North Carolina
Thanks for the intel. Probably keep the hard switch until the current iN·Command goes south.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:35 PM   #9

Texas
It has it on the screen
I wish I had a picture of it. But like i said in the other post i can prime it and Turn it off from the screen and phone but i will ck the other things y’all have mentioned.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:36 PM   #10

Texas
Thank y’all so much for have been checking this for me.
Old 02-25-2021, 04:51 AM   #11

California
So I am probably wasting your time then as it appears you have the correct hardware and software. I am going to guess it is wiring either to or from the generator or the generator itself but not likely the iN·Command set up.

By the way, there is an inline fuse holder in the compartment where the generator is located that blew in mine a couple of years ago. If looking at the generator it is on the left side near the wall. I can’t recall if I could crank or prime but I know it didn’t run. Replaced the blown fuse and never had the problem again.
Old 02-26-2021, 01:21 AM   #12

Texas
Wow thank you for that
I will be at the rv this weekend and will look for itand see if the fuse is blown.

If by any chance you have any pictures of the area where I need to look .please post.
Thank you so much!!!
Old 02-26-2021, 05:05 AM   #13

California
I don’t have a picture now but easy to find. If the compartment is open and you are looking at the generator there is a wire or wires that are on the left side near the edge of the compartment. In one of the wires is a typical automotive type of fuse holder that is encased in rubber. If you open the cap you will see the fuse. I believe it is a higher amp fuse like 15 amps or so and it will be easy to tell if it is blown. If you don’t have an assortment of fuses in your trailer I would get some on your way to the trailer and keep them handy anyway.

I am thinking that fuse might go to the fuel pump but not sure.

Good luck.
Old 02-26-2021, 05:12 AM   #14

California
Generator stopped running—solved
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Here is my original post. But in rereading and comparing to your comments above it sounds different because you get prime and if the fuse is blown you will likely not get prime as it powers the fuel pump. Also, my memory is bad as the fuse is only a 7.5 amp and not 15 like I guessed.

Good luck.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:23 PM   #15

Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalemaster View Post
I have a 2017 3990
And my generator will not turn on from my in- command screen but will turn off and prime the unit from the screen and my phone.
Has anyone had this problem before.
Sounds like my wife...
Redfour5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 10:19 PM   #16

Texas
Hahahaha
Old 03-10-2021, 05:53 PM   #17

Montana
She said strange. She was having no problems with me... Hmmm, burned again...

Redfour5 is offline   Reply With Quote