Garmin Backup camera - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2016, 01:34 AM   #1

New Mexico
Garmin Backup camera

Our 3895 garmin camera doesnt work. Nothing even paired..
I was assuming maybe the scientists at Dutchman wired it into a closed circuit like a light or something, since our maxifan in the kitchen will only work if the island lights are on. But that doesnt seem to be the case. I have turned on every accessory, and every option on the truck. I even went and bought a new camera and it wont power up either. Im guessing the fues is blown on the control box.
Does anyone know where they mount these in the back? Ive called, and they tell me that cant provide wiring info, and to drop it with the local dealer. We didnt buy from the local and they are telling me this repair is a month out while it sits there. All this before weve made a payment or even used the trailer

this is the item I am looking for. Any thoughts? thanks!

the_owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:48 AM   #2

Maine
The power box should be located under a black plastic cover somewhere in the front of your rig. For me in the 3970 it was in the closet. Regarding getting things to work, you must use the power cord that was paired with that camera or you'll have to try and do a new pairing which many haven't been able to do.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

boostme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 12:54 PM   #3

New Mexico
I didnt think to look in the front. They must have extended the wiring harness. Ive tried the receiver (cig lighter) that came with the coach and the new one I bought. The new one was paired with the new camera, but still wouldnt connect. Although in learning mode it should find any BC30 camera. Ill start digging around in the front, thanks!
Old 08-09-2016, 05:18 PM   #4

Indiana
Boostme is correct..It should most likely either be in the Curbside nightstand or overhead cabinet behind a black plastic cover.

The maxx air fan sounds like it was obviously wired incorrectly and unfortunately wasn't caught during production. The fan evidently gets power via the 12v from that switch's circuit. If you can pull that switch and connect the wire to the other side of the switch where it has constant 12v power than the fan should work anytime.
DutchmenClassic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:58 PM   #5

New Mexico
this was almost exactly where it was! except streetside.
Unit was bad. thank you very much for the help.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:57 AM   #6

North Carolina
truck has to be plugged into the trailer, AND, the marker lights need to be turned on
hopkins44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:42 AM   #7

New Mexico
Indeed the truck was plugged in. I determined this with a voltmeter. As soon as I put a new receiver in place, everything worked. Cant believe ExploreUSA let it get through PDI like this. Among a handful of other things.