Furnace blows 15amp fuse on start up - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2015, 01:01 PM   #1

Texas
Furnace blows 15amp fuse on start up

Just picked up my new 2016 3970 toy hauler. on start up of the furnace, it blows the 15 amp fuse in the fuse panel. Anyone have this problem or have any past experience on this issue? Your help is appreciated.

Alprath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:51 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Does the fuse blow immediately?

Could be many things causing the fuse to blow. Could be a grounded positive wire, a crossed wire or a shorted wire.
It's a new rig and this should have been caught during delivery but we all know about dealer prep.
If you want to check it out for yourself a good place to start would be in the furnace compartment proper. Look for wiring problems there first. You might find a bare wire or a loose wire. Check all those wire nuts for tightness too.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:28 PM   #3

Pennsylvania
We have owned ours for 2 weeks and the fuse blows, it gets obnoxiously loud and the squirrel cage around the furnace motor is blown up. Dealer has been less than cooperative.
motomom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:19 PM   #4

Nevada
I don't like to hear, that your Dealer won't fix items, when you just have the RV for less then a year…You paid big dollars for your RV and they should be wanting to make you happy, I have been lucky, I have a good dealer, and I have been taking apart older RV's and know where everything is and how to repair them….Don't let these Dealers get away with not repairing your RV!! Fix another Dealer, but they will NOT make repairs quickly because you didn't buy it there…You know when you find a good one, when they say bring it buy…Good Luck
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 12:42 AM   #5

Pennsylvania
Furnace issues

They fixed it once, but charged us $125.00. We bought an extended warranty. The furnace is sounding like an air compressor on steroids. It's sad. We haven't even taken it anywhere yet. It's still under the manufacturers warranty....it's like pulling teeth to get them to do anything. My fiance waited 2 hours for a call back. They said they would call back in 15 mins.
motomom88 is offline   Reply With Quote