Fuel transfer pump switch bad - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2018, 11:02 AM   #1

Texas
Fuel transfer pump switch bad

Calling on the experts here. After troubleshooting my pump, I got it down to the switch. Now to find out what type of switch it is. Since it is no longer working I can't tell if it is a SPDT, SPST
DPDT, DPST, on/off, mom-on/off/on, mom-on/off/mom-on etc.
I know it's confusing and why I'm reaching out. I want the same switch but the makings on it do not search well and I can't find it, thanks to all the Radio Shacks closed too, lol. Any ideas, or anyone know how theirs works? I know I have the timer module and it does work fine as I have already tested that.

CSCLARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:54 PM   #2

Oklahoma
If the switch stays in one position or the other when you change the rocker's position it is simply an on/off so you can delete the momentary options.

I see two blades on the switch so that tells me it's a single pole, a double pole would have four blades.

I see three numbered positions on the body of the switch but just the two blades so that tells me it's a single throw. If it were to be a double throw there would be a blade at number three.

What you need is a normal rocker switch normally found at automotive stores. You might have to look around some but size and ratings are pretty much standard across the board.

Now, mind you, all this information is passed to you while enjoying the first cup of coffee of the day and I'm only half way through it, so if I have made an error I'm sure I'll be set straight.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:37 PM   #3

Texas
Thanks Robert, I was pretty much on the same plane with a SPST but thinking the way the timer works it is most likely a momentary on as my switch is top rock only and then springs back down. I'm with you, a normal will most likely work either way.
CSCLARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:54 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCLARK View Post
Thanks Robert, I was pretty much on the same plane with a SPST but thinking the way the timer works it is most likely a momentary on as my switch is top rock only and then springs back down. I'm with you, a normal will most likely work either way.
Yep, a momentary on switch it be then. It was too cold to go out and unlock my gas station so it was part SWAG on what it is.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:05 AM   #5

I think here you have a SPST momentary switch. In other words, when depressed to one side it rocks back to its original position. That is what my fuel station had installed. It's a little difficult to find but search for a momentary switch by sigma will yield what you need. I would start with Ebay. Good luck
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote