Fuel station wiring diagram 2013 Volt 3905 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #1

Saskatchewan
Smile Fuel station wiring diagram 2013 Volt 3905

Filled the toy tank yesterday and went to try and get fuel, but pump would not come on. As I had doen in the past a pressed the start button twice, and nothing. I took the unit out of the side of the rv and checked the 3 amp fuse but it was good. I then inspected the wiring and noticed that several of the wires were loose in the blue wire nuts with the protective gel. One was disconected. The # on the unit is KIB DTM101-5M-R with a 10/12 date on it. Thought the 2012 has a recall because the pump would not time out after 5 Min. Just dont want to do the trial and error game with the device. Anyone else have this issue yet?

lkhbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 06:43 PM   #2

Colorado
Old post I know. But would love to fix my fuel pump.

Lilnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 06:52 PM   #3
Site Team

North Carolina
Wiring diagrams do not exist for Dutchmen products; to the best of anyone's knowlege, INCLUDING the service centers. The best bet is to pull things out and track and make notes of the wiring and draw your own diagram. There have been multiple instances of where something was wired a certain way on one trailer and completely different on another, these were trailers that were the same model and with similar build dates. I have a little Coleman and they managed to screw the wiring up on it too. I have at least 2 circuits that are cross wired. You pull the fuse for that circuit, but it is still getting partial power from another one. Also Dutchmen apparently did not issue crimping tools to any of their workers, therefore they use twist caps or uncrimped terminals.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 07:16 PM   #4

Colorado
I was afraid you were going to say that lol
Lilnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 01:57 AM   #5

North Carolina
i had a pump go bad on a 2013 heartland road warrior. camper was out of warranty , but the pump manufacture covered it. ( i did the labor). they said ethanol was the problem, and to run the pump once a month .
tom
hopkins44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 01:28 AM   #6

Colorado
Just a thought...and I did this on my Polaris RZR last Winter.

I went through Ace Hdwe, NAPA and Harbor Freight and came up with packages of 4" zip ties in six colors.

As I traced out the wiring harness in order to pull the drivetrain, I use combinations of 2 or 3 different color zip ties to "label" each end of a segment of the harness.

This way if I'm working on something in the wiring I have that color code, I can then search until I find the other matching color code...and know where I am.

Might be useful for wiring in our RVs.

Just sayin'

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 01:54 AM   #7
Site Team

North Carolina
I have a couple of Brother label makers. I use those for labeling wires as I go. I also will make up a diagram with color coding. However I have found that the jack legs at Dutchmen aren't consistent with their wiring. I have one circuit wired with the tracer on the positive side, then when it leads off the light to the next one they switched the tracer to the negative side. Friggin idiots. I have that one tagged with a piece of red tape to remind me that it is different. Eventually I will get around to fixing it.

Aaron
Old 01-02-2016, 01:17 PM   #8

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I have a couple of Brother label makers. I use those for labeling wires as I go. I also will make up a diagram with color coding. However I have found that the jack legs at Dutchmen aren't consistent with their wiring. I have one circuit wired with the tracer on the positive side, then when it leads off the light to the next one they switched the tracer to the negative side. Friggin idiots. I have that one tagged with a piece of red tape to remind me that it is different. Eventually I will get around to fixing it.

Aaron
Crap man! Transgender wiring just ain't right!
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 03:05 PM   #9

Pennsylvania
Are the motors mounted facing the same direction? If not one may need to run clockwise while the other runs counter clockwise. Just wondering...

2015 Voltage 3305, Gone for Good !
2014 Ram 3500 dually, Aisin, Gone but not Forgotten.
2018 Winnebago Sunstar 32YE
thompwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:11 PM   #10
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
Crap man! Transgender wiring just ain't right!

I have some cross dressed wires too. I have two circuits that back feed each other, partially. Still haven't found that screw up. Hope to get a barn built this spring that will allow me to take things apart out of the weather. Currently I am only home on weekends (usually) and can't take anything apart that I can't get back together the same day.

Besides camping season is coming up fast! If the weather is decent we are going to try and hit the Myrtle Beach area the end of January. Failing that definitely March, if we don't go to Florida in February first.

Aaron

Tags
fuel station, wiring diagram