entry key pad - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #1

Idaho
entry key pad

Just bought our 3905 on Sat. The entry key pad is not working right...may take anywhere from 1 to 10 or so attempts to get it to engage/disengage. The dealer will hopefully work on getting that fixed, but there is no manual or instruction sheet covering this item...I looked at the manuals on another 3905 and it also has no instruction sheet. There IS an instruction sheet for what appears to be a different model of keypad, but definitely not the one on our trailer as it talks about lights, 5 digit codes, remote, etc. Ours uses a 4 digit code and there are no lights on it, or a remote. I don't see any name to identify it as to manufactuer. It is basically a round to oval shape rather than with all numbers in line as I've seen in some manuals.

So, wondering if others have had similar problems and found any solution...or if anyone can tell me how to change the code as 1234 is pretty easy to figure out. Or, can anyone tell me who the manufacturer is. I can get a photo if necessary.

PNGento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #2

Oklahoma
RV Lock Keyless Remote for Trailers, 5th Wheel and Campers. Does it look like this one? The programming instructions can be downloaded there also.

The light comes on at night when you punch a number. Saves batteries that way. Speaking of batteries, you might need to change them in the keypad and the door lock.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #3

Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
RV Lock Keyless Remote for Trailers, 5th Wheel and Campers. Does it look like this one? The programming instructions can be downloaded there also.

The light comes on at night when you punch a number. Saves batteries that way. Speaking of batteries, you might need to change them in the keypad and the door lock.
That is the one...thank you very much. I have printed out the instruction sheet. I will be checking the batteries to see if that is the solution. It certainly acts like that could be the problem.
PNGento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #4

I have the same lock on my camper. One thing you have to do is hold the LOCK or UNLOCK button in after entering the code. It will take about 5 seconds for the deadbolt to engage or disengege while holding down either button. There should be a faint "beep" when its completed. Yes it does light at night when you touch any button or should. I love mine. I can go off without keys and still secure the camper from honest people. Its the dishonest ones that u cannot keep out.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:41 PM   #5

New Mexico
I've had a hard time trying to figure out how to program the keypad and also the fobs.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:08 AM   #6

I have no fobs and to be honest I dont remember. The paperwork is in the camper and the camper is not here so I cant help you there right now. Maybe someone else can.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:42 AM   #7

New York
http://rvlock.com/syncying-inst.pdf

here are your instructions
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:00 AM   #8

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGento View Post
I will be checking the batteries to see if that is the solution. It certainly acts like that could be the problem.
Even though ours is new, the batteries had to be replaced. Once replaced the lock worked perfectly and as advertised. We love it.

2013 Infinity 3640RL with Trailair pin box
2008 F-250 King Ranch Power Stroke diesel with B&W Companion Slider hitch
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:57 AM   #9

New Mexico
My trailer has the other design (looks like a rectangle), it came with one fob and it was promptly lost so we ordered two (they need paired to the lock) and still never got the keypad to work, it seemed like it would accept inputs for changing the combo but never would operate the lock.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:34 AM   #10

Louisiana
My keypad (the round/oval type) was not working either and doing the same as yours, working 1 in 10 tries. When I removed the battery I found water and corrosion. I emailed the manufacturer and they promptly mailed me a new keypad at no cost to me. I received the new keypad yesterday and installed it today. Now it's working like a champ. I can say enough about the good people at RVLock.com that took care of my issue.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #11

New Mexico
If anyone has the same issue with the 'rectangle' style keypad here is the link for the information about it.

HDC - poplocks.com
Old 07-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #12

Oklahoma
I don't know about your trailer, but on my 3905, they stuck the lock pad right above the door assist handle, and when you rotated the handle, it would rub on the lock pad. I then discovered that you could not change the batteries because it is accessed from the bottom which was blocked by the handle. I was also having the problem with the lock not working, so I pried it off the trailer and cleaned the adhesive off the side, then I changed the battery, and relocated it to in front of the door where it is easy to reach from the ground. Now the lock works great, and it is easy to reach.
macman83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #13

I just changed my batteries today. Mine is located about 2 inches above the assist handle. It was really difficult getting the tiny screws out of the bottom. It would have been nicer if the key ay was in a different spot or at least where the screws are accessible. I changed all my batt today. It wasnt too bad.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:11 AM   #14

Wyoming
Just found this thread...

I'm having mine replaced under warranty right now. Went through 3 batteries within a 2 month period. The pad would work for a few days, then kinda go flaky (had to enter the code 2 or 3 times before it would work)... and then a few days after that, completely dead (no beeps at all).

Hopefully the new unit will work better... will advise.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #15

Michigan
we have the oval style on our 3905, we had to go on the net and find the programming instructions and it works awesome now.
The 1 thing I would add is to make sure the door is latched completely by pushing in on the door before trying to unlock it or the motor in the handle wont have enough juice to onlock the door.
gscudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #16
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
it is great to go off without keys, just remember batteries do go bad.
Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #17

Wyoming
Update on mine... CW has a new one on order for me. They verified my claim about it dying... tech said he installed a new battery, only to come back 30 minutes later, and the unit was dead.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote