Entry Door Assist Handle - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2014, 02:01 AM   #1

Mississippi
Entry Door Assist Handle

Had a very large person slip down and partially break top of entry door handle. I thought no problem I will just go online and purchase new handle, I have the size but no idea what brand is used on our folding door handles. Does anyone no the brand that Voltage uses?

lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:10 AM   #2

Tennessee
Hey David, I believe PPL motorhome parts will have that part. Pretty much standand I would think. Manufacturer ITC out of Elkhart Indiana. Tweety's.com has them too.

Old 07-26-2014, 02:18 AM   #3

British Columbia
If it is the folding handle the most common is the Lend-a-hand.

The thing that you need to concern yourself the most with is the center to center measurement, if that matches then you will be able to cover the existing holes with the trim.

I just replaced the Lend-a-hand on our rig with a non-folding bar and just filled the existing screw holes with caulk, then installed the new handle.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:25 AM   #4

Mississippi
Thanks, just found out the Voltage uses the Travel Aid ST 1 White.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:42 AM   #5

California
Lakebuster:

How do you like your F-350? Is it a gas or diesel? We have an F-150 and pull a 28 ft TT. We don't even know the TT is there. But, we are going to be moving up to a Fifth Wheel so we know we have to go bigger on our truck.

We have always had fords, so we won't even think about a dodge or chevy. How does your perform with the Voltage?

I would appreciate your input.
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:57 AM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdlady View Post
Lakebuster:

How do you like your F-350? Is it a gas or diesel? We have an F-150 and pull a 28 ft TT. We don't even know the TT is there. But, we are going to be moving up to a Fifth Wheel so we know we have to go bigger on our truck.

We have always had fords, so we won't even think about a dodge or chevy. How does your perform with the Voltage?

I was a dyed in the wool Ford fan for close to fifty years, my first Ford was a '32 three window coupe and my last for was a '00 F150. Then I talked myself into a diesel, so the first one I went to was the Powerstroke. Drove the PS, then went next door to drive a Cummins, it broke my heart, but the PS couldn't hold a candle to the Cummins.

If I ever decide that my next vehicle is going to be a car, I'll be back to Ford in a flash, but until Ford can sell me an F350 with a Cummins, sorry Ford.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:31 AM   #7

Mississippi
2013 f-350

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdlady View Post
Lakebuster:

Knock on Wood this truck has been great not one problem, It is the DRW model with 3.73 gears, mileage empty is 17 mpg at 70-72 mph and 18-19 at 65 mph. Pulling our Voltage 3950 at 70 mph (changed wheels to 17.5" 75mph speed rated) My calculated mileage has been anywhere from 8.5-10.5. The low mileage was pulling up to Arkansas so some hills where involved, otherwise tow on flat ground. The only aftermarket part I had to add was air bags, the 3950 sagged the rear end so went to SDT truck springs and got the firestone air bags with wireless controller (call them they can explain this setup, no running wires/tubing into your cab! I have a friend who has a 2011 superduty the first year they came out and he has had a few minor issues, so stay away from 1st year production items. Hope this helps.

David
Old 07-26-2014, 01:42 PM   #8

California
Good morning, Stow an Go is the brand they used and I installed the same handle on the back door to match.

Bmxboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote