Dutchman/Voltage Quality Contol - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2015, 04:10 PM   #1

New Jersey
Dutchman/Voltage Quality Contol

I ordered my 3970 in September, took delivery 12/29/14 and has been nothing but repairing things since. I cannot believe the quality control they have. We never took it on a trip yet and the past weekend was nice so I started to do a dry run with everything. All winter I noticed oil in the driveway but when we put the Jacks in Auto level mode it was pouring out. I pulled down the plastic underside this morning to find they ran the nails they use to attach it right through the hydraulic hose. As I stated in another post the more I dig around the more I get sick looking at such poor workmanship.

Real Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:58 PM   #2

New Jersey
Im not sure how to add pictures but you can see the nail through the hose. I just pulled the electric fireplace out being when we run the furnace the inside of the coach fills with smoke and set alarms off. During PDI we were told its normal being its new. I have to differ being the floor below the furnace where they force the hot air was actually on fire at one point. the area charred is 6"x5" and just glad it didnt burn it to the ground. Now to find a solution for this while Im at it!! I will try to add pictures later.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:42 AM   #3

Wyoming
Should have let it burn... Then you could've got the insurance claim to get your money back.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:50 AM   #4

Arizona
Why are you doing all the repair work?
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:17 PM   #5

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
Why are you doing all the repair work?
Because what started out as a few small things led to bigger things. The dealer is 2 hours each way and did not want to drive that far to drop it off then go back. Another reason is the old saying if you want things done right better to do it yourself. Last night I decided to install the upgraded water pump and another issue, all the water lines are very sloppy and 3 or 4 were way to long causing them to kink and loss of volume. Its not that the coach is not usable but no pride in any ones work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2065[15].jpg
Views:	347
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1996   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2053[2].jpg
Views:	344
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	1997   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2068[2].jpg
Views:	338
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1998   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2054[2].jpg
Views:	324
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	1999   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2069[8].jpg
Views:	318
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	2000  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2072[7].jpg
Views:	338
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	2001  
Old 04-07-2015, 01:00 PM   #6

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
Should have let it burn... Then you could've got the insurance claim to get your money back.
X2
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:23 PM   #7

Florida
Dutchman/Voltage Quality Contol

I wonder what idiot designed the front right rain gutter to dump right onto the cap light......
The problem solver: 2017 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:46 PM   #8

Tennessee
While your digging around check all your water line connections, about half of mine weren't screwed in properly and were dripping.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:48 PM   #9

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
I wonder what idiot designed the front right rain gutter to dump right onto the cap light......
Those idiots never leave the office, the house or the bar. Those idiots don't ask if a design works, they really don't care if it works or not, it's sales that count toward their commission.

Those idiots should have to spend a month in the stuff they design with the other idiots with a cranial/rectal infusion, maybe they might learn a thing or three.

As far as the 'doink, doink song there are gutter extensions you could purchase. I don't know if they work as I made my own extensions out of desperation.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:25 PM   #10

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
Those idiots never leave the office, the house or the bar. Those idiots don't ask if a design works, they really don't care if it works or not, it's sales that count toward their commission.

Those idiots should have to spend a month in the stuff they design with the other idiots with a cranial/rectal infusion, maybe they might learn a thing or three.

As far as the 'doink, doink song there are gutter extensions you could purchase. I don't know if they work as I made my own extensions out of desperation.

LOL - I thought I was only one that uses "cranial rectal inversion" reference!
Attached Images

donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:05 PM   #11
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post

I am a field guy from way back... we have a much cruder saying...

However I do agree that it is all about sales and little else.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:16 PM   #12

Nevada
Hummer:
I am with everyone else, sometimes you ask youself "where did these guys come from" I am trying to get some repairs done on my V3895, I have had mine since Nov 2014 and I had 8 items that needed repairs, I have since fixed 3 of them my self, but I have one light in the Kitchen, I can fix myself but due to Warranty, they have to take pictures, etc...The other big item is one of my Jacks is leaking, same thing, have to see it, the rest of the items that need fixing, are items that were pointed out during the walk thru! One item is just the Granite Sink lid was missing and they can't just order it...LOL
You have the biggest Toy Hauler, so I know it costed you many dollar bills, I have sent a letter to the Company, I think you should do the same and they should be kissing your A.. I know we all have a few items that need repair, but yours is toooo much...I like repairing my own also, so I can fix what the Dumb person couldn't get right....but yours is too much...I hope you got a good Dealer for repairs..........Anyone have one in Nevada or California for me LOL

Good Luck and keep us posted
Rich
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:49 PM   #13

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawniewest View Post
While your digging around check all your water line connections, about half of mine weren't screwed in properly and were dripping.
Thanks, fixed 2 or 3 leakers today. actually took most apart and re-routed, shortened and took all the kinks out.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:56 PM   #14

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNevada View Post
Hummer:
I am with everyone else, sometimes you ask youself "where did these guys come from" I am trying to get some repairs done on my V3895, I have had mine since Nov 2014 and I had 8 items that needed repairs, I have since fixed 3 of them my self, but I have one light in the Kitchen, I can fix myself but due to Warranty, they have to take pictures, etc...The other big item is one of my Jacks is leaking, same thing, have to see it, the rest of the items that need fixing, are items that were pointed out during the walk thru! One item is just the Granite Sink lid was missing and they can't just order it...LOL
You have the biggest Toy Hauler, so I know it costed you many dollar bills, I have sent a letter to the Company, I think you should do the same and they should be kissing your A.. I know we all have a few items that need repair, but yours is toooo much...I like repairing my own also, so I can fix what the Dumb person couldn't get right....but yours is too much...I hope you got a good Dealer for repairs..........Anyone have one in Nevada or California for me LOL

Rich
Rich,
spent all day today again going over things, either fixing or improving for the maiden voyage. I have been emailing the dealer since 2 days after we picked it up and a lot of the items were pointed out at PDI. I have also been including Dutchman in the emails to the dealer with the pics but its very rare the dealer even replies. Dutchman isnt saying a word!! The bottom line is Im out a few hundred bucks in materials and 20 or so hours of labor but I know its done right. the tires I planned on changing anyhow to Good Years but will see if they can credit me something for the bad ones. The only big issues left are what to do with the cracked bath tub they tried to cover with spray paint that doesnt even match and the floor thats burned up from the furnace.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:32 AM   #15

Nevada
Hummer:

If your RV wasn't still under Warranty, I would contact one of those Bathroom guys,to repair the bathroom and the floor, I would make sure it won't happen again before getting it repaired….But I think this has to be done by the Dealer, they have to do something for you..Funny that I'm talking about a Dealer, I just got a call and I have an appointment for repairs ? Its not till June 16, but maybe I will get my few items repaired??
I will be checking on you to see if you get your items repaired….I still will do my own repairs if it isn't major…
Rich
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:54 PM   #16

Oklahoma
I am always telling people "don't pay for it until it is completely fixed". Its amazing how quickly things get done when they want that check. That is what the PDI is for.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:00 PM   #17

Washington
We have had our Brand new Dutchman made Coleman trailer twice, and have had water coming out from below both trips. Come to find out, there is a leak in one of the flow lines that has completely soaked all the insulation underneath. Thank you Dutchman QC for doing your complete check!!
Scottflyfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:07 AM   #18

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNevada View Post
Hummer:

Rich
Gateway RV over here in Elko is excellent, but it's quite a haul from Minden.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:47 PM   #19

Washington
Well I received another call regarding my leak on our Coleman Trailer, it wasn't the flow lines after all. We are being told that the gray water holding tank has a crack in it. Very interesting that a new trailer would be sold with a crack in a tank! Again thank you Dutchman for your quality control. Now we get to wait for another possible 3 weeks for a tank to be shipped.
Scottflyfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:40 PM   #20
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottflyfishing View Post
Well I received another call regarding my leak on our Coleman Trailer, it wasn't the flow lines after all. We are being told that the gray water holding tank has a crack in it. Very interesting that a new trailer would be sold with a crack in a tank! Again thank you Dutchman for your quality control. Now we get to wait for another possible 3 weeks for a tank to be shipped.
Should have been part of the PDI...

One of the reasons so many of use on here recommend a thorough inspection prior to giving them the check and taking delivery. Some dealers do an excellent job of checking the unit prior to giving it to a customer, some just hose the dirt off and let it go. The majority fall in the middle somewhere, and it can even vary from person to person in a single dealership. The only consistency is the inconsistency in the RV industry.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote