Dutchman/Voltage Quality Contol - Page 3 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2015, 10:43 AM   #41

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13DenaliDually View Post
Can you show some pics of the new pump and tank? What brands and cost if you don't mind?
I will get them later in the week and a link for you, sorry was away all last week.

Real Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:53 AM   #42
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapmon View Post
Most Americans would gladly pay the $700 to keep the jobs in America. Americans are not given the chance. The ruling class that makes those decisions and pockets to $700 per vehicle make those choices for us. It is not about us saving money, it is about them making money.
Exactly!

However it is a double edged sword, look how many people flock to Walmart in search of the lowest price, by passing every other store in town, when those stores are gone WM will raise it's prices. (and they aren't the only one) In addition most companies are now publicly owned meaning that the shareholders expect a payout every year, if they don't get it they start getting rid of executives, so the management teams do everything they can to squeeze in maximum profit.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:50 PM   #43

New York
Hello Aztex....You mentioned in your post "We have had great success in working with Lippert on the remote....they even stayed after hours to make sure we had the fault analyzed and corrected." Not sure what issue you were having with your remote....But we also have a 2015 3970. I have noticed that when the living room slides are extended, the text on the remote indicator for those slides is red and it reads "fault". However, both slides appear to be operating correctly. Is this the issue you were having. If so, what was done to correct it. Thanks.
Fandamly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:16 PM   #44

Arizona
That is exactly what happened! I have the written instructions in a notebook in the rig. I will go up later today and get them for you.
2015 Polaris Ranger 900 EPS
Aztex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:14 PM   #45

Colorado
Chapmon,

You have that right...what I keep wondering is "how do we stop this"?

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:32 PM   #46

New York
Aztec...That's great! Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:33 PM   #47

New York
Sorry. I mean't "Aztex".
Old 04-28-2015, 02:37 AM   #48

Arizona
Lippert Cable Slide Fault Troubleshooting

No problem...just a Texan relocated to Arizona.

Okay, Here are the instructions as tested by LCI (Lippert) on their own equipment. They walked me through it and it worked like a charm. Please bear with me, because the procedure may sound a little hokey.

Error on Wall Remote Control: Both Slide 1 and Slide 2 showed 'fault' but still worked. In addition, the little picture of the coach or bus on the display was red.

How to Correct.
1. Unplug AC power from rig.
2. Reconnect AC power and let it cycle back up.
3. Touch the main control panel to activate it.
4. Touch the slide 1 button.
5. Touch the coach or bus picture on the button.
6. Press the arrow in the same direction as you last used it (ours was out).
7. You may have to hit the coach or bus picture button 4 or 5 times and repeat hitting the arrow. ( it took me 2-3 times)
8. Go back to the main screen.
9. Repeat for Slide 2.
10. This should eliminate the fault and the red coach button.

I went back into each slide's screen to double-check and, sure enough, the fault was gone.

I stored this one in my notebook as I knew I would never remember this later on.

Hope this helps. IF this doesn't work, let me know and I will dig out my LCI contact information.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:41 PM   #49

New York
Aztex....Thanks for digging up the instructions. I'll give it a try when I get home tonight and let you know how it worked.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:59 AM   #50

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Hummer View Post
I will get them later in the week and a link for you, sorry was away all last week.
The accumulator tank I used was from Camping World, several are listed in below link. I used the stainless one.
Search - accumulator tank - Camping World

The water pump I used was from RV water store, Aquajet VS. They do not think its a good idea to use the accumulator tank with a variable speed pump, others say they have with no issues and I have no issues. If I was to do it again I would have not purchased a VS pump but I already had it. I suggest you call them as they were very helpful. Another option is to just buy the pump that goes with the stainless tank. Pics to follow this weekend but was a very simple install and pressure is great, pump doesnt kick in as soon as you flush or tap some water. I really do not plan on doing much camping without a water hookup but if I do I know I have good pressure and volume. The other pump I bought was a pressure pump to go inline so if the campground has poor pressure I can boost it up.
RV Water Filter Store: Standard Filter Canisters for Whole RV
Real Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:51 PM   #51

New York
Aztex...I followed your instructions on how to remove the fault on my slide touchpad. It worked like a charm. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:08 PM   #52

Illinois
Ditto on mine as well. Thanks also.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:08 AM   #53

Arkansas
I am so confused. The slide out was working perfectly, and you had the fault message? What is the reason for clearing the fault message? My slide will not extend fully and when it stops, the fault message pops up.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:25 AM   #54

Arizona
On the two main slides in our 3970, the slides extended and retracted just fine; however there was a fault message on the display... Not sure why.
Fandamly, lcv800 and I all have cable slides not made by Lippert but controlled with a Lippert (LCI) wall controller.

Do you have cable slides or Swintek?
Old 05-06-2015, 04:35 PM   #55

New York
Just a thought....As discussed in another thread, when they switched to cable slides and mounted the motor on top of the slide, the slide could not extend out as far as it could with the Swintek slides. Perhaps the Lippert controller does not think the slide is extended all the way, hence the fault.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:57 PM   #56

Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztex View Post
On the two main slides in our 3970, the slides extended and retracted just fine; however there was a fault message on the display... Not sure why.
Fandamly, lcv800 and I all have cable slides not made by Lippert but controlled with a Lippert (LCI) wall controller.

Do you have cable slides or Swintek?
I have cable slides. Picked up the unit on
01-APR-15. The was extended all the way. That was the last time. RV Express showed absolutely no desire to help. Dutchmen was useless, as usual. Made an appointment with the closest dealer to the current location and despite having an appointment, they've had it 3 weeks and haven't looked at it yet. Stay as far away from Camping World North Little Rock as possible.