Duct work - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2014, 12:21 AM   #21

Washington
Well said Arlen. I wish I had seen an experience based reply like yours before I picked mine up. It would have been there a lot longer.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:59 AM   #22

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmroper View Post
Welcome to the forum hollandazz. We've had our 3895 for a year full timing with no major issues. Im sure its just a matter of time. Enjoy!!!
THANKS for the warm welcome!

2014 Voltage 3895
2012 Ram Limited CCLB-DRW 4x4
many others... and lots of bills
Hollandazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:21 AM   #23

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsdas88 View Post
I do appreciate your insight and your experiences. We have been looking and researching over 2 years before we decided on the Voltage 3605. We try to make very informed decisions and I am a strong mechanical based person, so the minor things that will go wrong do not worry me. However, when I see melted speaker panels, dirt and sawdust accumulations, damaged duct work, poorly installed sink drain plumbing, pictures of orange soda cans behind the sink cabinet where the damaged drain pipe was installed, etc etc, it makes me think again. This forum has been a wealth of information, both bad and good, but where is the quality control and workmanship? Yes, this is in the Thor product chain, but that is paperwork, not in practice.

I don't want to be stuck with a POS, so I have already warned my dealer that my acceptance inspection will be a long a detailed inspection.
I am already concerned as they have just told me that they will "try" to accommodate me by providing a city water connection.

Not a good start.
I would have to agree with the other replays. You will experience the same issues on any of the brands. You will also experience the Monday or Friday built units. We are in the Coach this weekend for the first time and we are happy with it. Just getting through the initial issues. The furnace puts out a lot of heat now that the pipes have been replaced and there are no holes.

I see you are in Maryland, that is where we bought ours and we have more issues with the Dealer then we had with Voltage Dutchman or Keystone. Our Dealer was more like a Hub then a Dealer and we are still trying to get answers on the missing parts that we are waiting on.

Get a good Dealer and I think you will be fine but I would do what you can yourself when ever there is an issue, at least you will know what you have!

Phil
2014 Voltage 3950 Epic III
2016 Ram 3500 Diesel 4wd, Long Horn Dually long bed
Moto4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:03 AM   #24

Wyoming
Just jumping in here for a look at the other side. Our Komfort has been a dream. Every nook and cranny I've opened (and that is most of them) has been clean and tidy. I've not repaired anything I saw as shoddy. Ooops, I did find a tiny bit of sawdust in the bathroom light lens when I was putting in my LED bulbs but I can overlook that.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:02 PM   #25

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollandazz View Post
The wife and I just sold our Eclipse Attitude to upgrade. We looked at every brand. We narrowed it down to Voltage and Momentum. What I found in all the research, consistently, is there is no consistency with the plethora of problems or lack of problems... Every unit seems to have its own set of issues, if any. I guess it boils down to who called out sick at the factory that day. I did find that Voltage did have issues with some units, and not with other units... But on units this size, and with all the associated mechanical parts, there are bound to be a few little nuisances. I hope that is all we find, little ones. Someone on another thread said its frustrating to purchase an RV in good faith of operation and be severely disappointed. I agree with the fact of paying this much for a RV should have more consistency. I would be guessing at the defect percentage, but I see a lot of these on the road, and people don't normally report how great their rig is performing as perfection is the expected normal. So, ill play the odds. I have faith!
BTW, WE did end up buying a Voltage 3895... That's why I'm on these forums now.

if this wasn't a ramble about nothing... I don't know what is!
We are in the same place today, and have narrowed down our selection to the Voltage and Momentum. Would you mind sharing why you selected the Voltage in the end?
jamday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:13 PM   #26

California
For my wife and I, we had searched for over a couple of years, and though we had neglected to look at Toy haulers, (we don't have toys), we discovered the 3605 met our needs exactly. Its features and the overall quality of what was on display at the show made our decision easy.
Specifically: 1. The upholstery in the garage 'sofas' was identical to the interior sofas. Great quality and the seat foam was very comfortable.
2. Patio on ramp door feature. We love the outdoors open air environment. Our dogs can join us outside and not be on a leash.
3. Bed position. The head of the bed is not in a slide. It is in the nose of the camper, better insulated and not as noisy.
4. Full size shower/tub
5. 2 baths - one in the garage
6. 4 Tv's installed
7. 2 axle unit - we didn't want a monstrous 3 axle unit, but this one met our needs for space in a 2 axle layout.
8. Position of the entertainment center in the main living area. 45* angle facing the sofa.
9. Over head sleeping area for our grandchildren.
10. Price. everything we needed or wanted was in a price package that met our needs.

There are many other reasons, and yes most of the other toy haulers offered similar amenities, but the Voltage hit us just right.
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
Alsdas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:41 AM   #27

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamday View Post
We are in the same place today, and have narrowed down our selection to the Voltage and Momentum. Would you mind sharing why you selected the Voltage in the end?
I would be happy to! Voltage had a few more creature comforts, we weren't big fans of the restroom door in the kitchen, and mostly, the momentum is very low height! we go to the desert and the low clearance WILL be an issue for us. I liked the 2 couch setup on the 3895 more than just the one couch as well.

2014 Voltage 3895
Old 04-16-2014, 01:43 AM   #28

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsdas88 View Post
For my wife and I, we had searched for over a couple of years, and though we had neglected to look at Toy haulers, (we don't have toys), we discovered the 3605 met our needs exactly. Its features and the overall quality of what was on display at the show made our decision easy.
Specifically: 1. The upholstery in the garage 'sofas' was identical to the interior sofas. Great quality and the seat foam was very comfortable.
2. Patio on ramp door feature. We love the outdoors open air environment. Our dogs can join us outside and not be on a leash.
3. Bed position. The head of the bed is not in a slide. It is in the nose of the camper, better insulated and not as noisy.
4. Full size shower/tub
5. 2 baths - one in the garage
6. 4 Tv's installed
7. 2 axle unit - we didn't want a monstrous 3 axle unit, but this one met our needs for space in a 2 axle layout.
8. Position of the entertainment center in the main living area. 45* angle facing the sofa.
9. Over head sleeping area for our grandchildren.
10. Price. everything we needed or wanted was in a price package that met our needs.

There are many other reasons, and yes most of the other toy haulers offered similar amenities, but the Voltage hit us just right.
CONGRATS OF THE DECISION!!!!! My wife and I went back and forth for weeks. We have a friend that bought the momentum and was kind enough to leave it at our house for the weekend to play with. It was nice, but it barely made it in my driveway with the clearance. my voltage clearance is abundant!

2014 Voltage 3895
Old 04-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #29

California
Thanks!

Waiting for my dealer to tell me it has arrived. We have confirmed it has left the manufacturing area last week and has moved to the shipping dept. But, we don't have an actual delivery date yet. Hopefully soon! Then I will be heading to CA with it.
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
Alsdas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:56 PM   #30

Nevada
These threads have been very informative. I think i will be tearing off the panels there at the dealership for quick inspetion. orderin a 2014 3970 w\ full paint. Hope all goes well
BnTinNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:48 PM   #31

California
I pulled the basement wall off of mine last weekend. Did find very little shavings. Duct work was fine. Did move the vacuum closer to the door. I also own a 2003 Teton 5th wheel. Voltage is no Teton but I'm still very happy with my V3605.

2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote