Does your 2014 Voltage have an LCI remote control? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #1

Idaho
Does your 2014 Voltage have an LCI remote control?

Before we bought our 2014 V3200 we'd probably looked at 15 other ones since 2012. Every V3200 with the epic packages had the LCI Linc remote control set up for opening slides, awnings, landing gear, etc. When we picked up ours I noticed that there was no system remote control. The dealer said that they weren't sure and stated they'd had several arrive without the remote itself. Ours was missing two tv remotes as well. Anyway, the factory is saying that it was an option that ours wasn't equipped with. Thing is, that other than full body paint, this thing has every option available. $100,000 retail price and no remote control? I think we're being screwed.

I'm wondering if anyone else here actually had it equipped or not?

Thank you

Bulldog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #2

I have a 2013 voltage V3200 so I am sure they are quite similar as regards to the layout of equipment. Try looking in the front bay where the battery is located. Look to the back wall and up to the ceiling. You are looking for a small box with a wire for an antenna hanging out of it. That is the receiver for the remote that controls the awnings etc. If you have that box then there should have been a remote. I would give you a more exact description but my voltage is back in the shop where it stays most of the time so I can only go by memory. Maybe someone else can pipe in with a better description of the remote box.
As for the TV's there should be a remote for each one. You may have to look around for a black zipper bag that has some of the stuff and paperwork in it.

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #3

Oklahoma
My 2013 Voltage 3800 has the wireless receiver but the unit didn't come with the remote for the slides, awnings and landing gear.

I can shoot you a photo of the receiver if you want.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #4

Idaho
Thanks guys. Yes, I now what your talking about on the receiver box. Mine doesn't have it. It appears that sometime during the switch from 2013 to '14 MY production, these guys just kind of decided to not include it and hope nobody notices.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #5

sundancer... why would you have a wireless receiver with no remote?? I think yours is missing also. I am sure they are a package when they get it out of the box
Old 11-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #6

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
sundancer... why would you have a wireless receiver with no remote?? I think yours is missing also. I am sure they are a package when they get it out of the box
From what I've read they (Dutchman or the wireless tx/rx manufacturer), stopped supporting and/or supplying the remotes recently. What good would the remote be without the receiver so I suspect the former is true.

I have seven remotes but none are the high dollar remote that goes with the system. I didn't persue the absent remote because it's easy enough to push a few buttons and the cost of the remote didn't justify not pushing those buttons.

I am thinking some sort of universal remote might just work with the receiver. It's only a matter of finding the correct frequency on which the receiver operates.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #7

Idaho
It's definitely a bigger deal to me. I shouldn't have be getting in and out my truck several times and having to walk around to tweak the landing gear to get hooked and unhooked. Heck, the $15 Keystone travel trailer that we traded had a wireless system remote. For $100k this thing should do everything by remote control.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #8

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog80 View Post
It's definitely a bigger deal to me. I shouldn't have be getting in and out my truck several times and having to walk around to tweak the landing gear to get hooked and unhooked. Heck, the $15 Keystone travel trailer that we traded had a wireless system remote. For $100k this thing should do everything by remote control.
Are you saying you don't have the six point automatic leveling system where you just drop the landing gear, move the truck and hit the button and let the magic happen?

It can't get any easier than that, even the landing gear remembers where it was when you pulled the truck from underneath the rig.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #9

Indiana
My 2012 came through with the remote for the slides and awning. The only time that I believe the remote for the slide is an advantage is when I have to help push in the bedroom slide when closing it. Or, trying to check to see if the slide has sealed up against the outside wall.

Opening or closing the awning, with the remote, while I'm relaxing with my favorite adult beverage is cool . But, then I stress out when trying to find the remote after too much relaxation or..............is that too much favorite adult beverage ?

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #10

Wyoming
My 2013 didn't come with the remote. I thought it should have, especially since I have both, the Epic I & II packages... but was never really sure, as it wasn't listed on the options sheet.

However, for grins & giggles, I did just go out and check my generator/battery bay to look for the wireless transmitter box... and there's nothing there.

Can't say I really miss it though. As "sundancer" says above... using the Auto-Level panel when hitching/unhitching is simple enough. I just wish they'd have located it on the driver's side of the rig, instead of on the curb side.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #11

ATCguy... your auto level panel is on the passenger side?? It is not located in the cargo bay on the drivers side?? I also have a 2013 with Epic packages. My panel is located on the drivers side just inside the cargo bay on the wall. Thats strange since we both have the same unit but its located on the opposite side and yours doesnt have the remote.
One thing about campers you will never figure them out with their rational why or why not they did something at the factory
Old 11-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #12

Wyoming
Quote:
ATCguy... your auto level panel is on the passenger side?? It is not located in the cargo bay on the drivers side??
Yep... that's correct. In the 'basement' on the passenger (curb) side. Damnest thing I've seen, but no big deal.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
Old 11-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #13

maybe a dyslectic person installed yours and got the left and right confused..
Old 11-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #14

Idaho
Yes, I have the 6 point auto level and it works fine for unhooking and hooking if you're always staying in campgrounds where the ground is always level. Problem is, we don't. We almost exclusively boondock and when you unhook your truck on uneven ground it will most assuredly not be in the exact same spot when you go to reconnect. Therefore, requiring much adjustment to get right. My landing gear control panel is also on the passenger side, so having to get out and walk around each time to lift up or down is a major PITA! The guys I go camping with just laugh, most of them bought MUCH CHEAPER Keystone Fuzions and every one of them have a system remote to do it from their truck cab. This pisses me off
Old 11-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #15

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
My 2013 didn't come with the remote. I thought it should have, especially since I have both, the Epic I & II packages... but was never really sure, as it wasn't listed on the options sheet.

However, for grins & giggles, I did just go out and check my generator/battery bay to look for the wireless transmitter box... and there's nothing there.

Can't say I really miss it though. As "sundancer" says above... using the Auto-Level panel when hitching/unhitching is simple enough. I just wish they'd have located it on the driver's side of the rig, instead of on the curb side.
I know exactly what you mean about the location of the key pad. I had my tech switch the key pad over to the drivers side. I mounted a stick up light, on the ceiling, just above the key pad. Nice not going over to the opposite side to do the unhitching. Really, didn't make much sense where they originally mounted it.
I'd recommend this to everyone.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:01 AM   #16

for those who have a remote and use it to set up and auto level please tell me how. I must physically drop the landing gear at least 10 holes or the gear will not ground and lift the front of the camper off the hitch. The rear and sides the same. Each one I have to drop the feet several holes. what a PITA it becomes thus I see no need in the remote for the landing gear. BTW is it the same one in the entertainment center that controls the lighting and the awnings. I have never used any remote to set up. Hell I may not have a remote on mine either.. I thought I did but it may only be for the awning and lighting. Someone unconfuse me if thats possible.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #17

Ontario
2012 3905 EPIC pkg. No separate remote for LCI auto-level landing gear*. (*edited: electric type). Just the one (at entertainment centre) config'd for 3 slides, main awning, one ext light. I read that this remote is progammable. Press its "on" button 5 times to go into "config" mode. That will reveal other components (to add??) like leveling jacks and generator and more. That said, I'm not sure what else might be needed to actually remote-control the added item (ie. wiring at the controller?). Haven't looked further into this yet.
2010 Yamaha YZ125
mikesnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #18

Wyoming
Quote:
for those who have a remote and use it to set up and auto level please tell me how...
Tanman.... I'm just guessing here, but I'm betting that those who speak of using the remote for the auto-level have the 6-point hydraulic auto-level system on their rigs.

I've got the 6-pt hydraulic auto-leveling system... but I have no remote (and my keypad is on the 'wrong' side).

A friend of mine who I often go RV'ing with has a Keystone Sun Country. And although his rig does NOT have the 6-point hydraulic system... he has a hand-held remote that he uses to lower the stabilizing legs that run on an electric motor.

That's where I think of lot of this gets 'lost in translation'. While we all have rigs made by Dutchmen, even among the different model rigs we have different type gear... and if it doesn't get specifically mentioned in the post about the exact type gear being discussed, many of us have a natural tendency to assume that ours should be similar.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
Old 11-12-2013, 05:13 AM   #19

New Mexico
I have the receiver for my Infinity installed. Yes I have the 6 point system etc. and had the charger for the remote. However, I tried to get a replacement as I didn't have one and CW said tough luck take it up with the original dealer. More craptastic service and support from a company formally known as 'Dutchmen'
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:46 AM   #20

Idaho
Yeah, dutchmen is super aren't they? I have yet to find a 2014 model that actually has the remote setup. They say it was an "option" and yet no one has it?