Delivery! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2014, 12:55 PM   #1

Virginia
Delivery!

We ordered our V3950 full paint in blue back in November with hopes to have it the first week of Feb. There were continual delays due to weather and holidays, all understandable. Two weeks ago the unit arrived at the dealer and our salesman sent a pic with the subject reading "SHE"S HERE!!!", Being very excited I went straight to the photo and it was burgundy! Burgundy? Yes, Burgundy! All I could say was " Wrong color" Of coarse I did not hear anything after that for several hours. We ended up taking this unit with a little convincing from Dutchman $$.
After dealing with all of that we went up to see the unit and we were happy with the unit but disappointed with the dealer's lack of help and attention. I feel they really over book themselves on Saturdays. We left after feeling like we waisted 5 hours. The rest of the week we struggled getting answers on items we were waiting on like slide toppers, what day and time to pick up the unit. Finally Sat. I decided the hell with it I will just get the unit and put the toppers on myself! I went up yesterday and arrived at 9am needless to say I left with the unit at 5:30 pm.
During the day the Owner did come out and talk to me and apologize for the issues and lack of communication. I do feel they are aware of the issues they are having and trying to improve. Unfortunately I had to experience the problems as well!
We are happy with the unit, I will also say the Dealer was very responsive during the color issue and getting the resolution, just dropped the ball after that.

We are looking forward to the days to come!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	854   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	855  

Phil
2014 Voltage 3950 Epic III
2016 Ram 3500 Diesel 4wd, Long Horn Dually long bed
Moto4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:01 PM   #2

Virginia
Sorry bout the problems, but that thing looks sweet behind that truck. Congrats!

Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:08 PM   #3

Texas
The full body paint would be worth waiting for...
looks great, very distinct, like a one off custom,
you'll probably never see another just like yours.

Mike & Helen
2014 Voltage 3895 EPIC III
2013 Ford F350 CC DRW FX4
HornedToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:20 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Full body paint looks good on these things regardless the color. Even the basic white/decals is pretty trick looking.

Regarding the dealer and all that, you'll find it much easier on your brains to look here for solutions and tips and doing all that you can without the wait time from the dealer and warranty acceptance. Some things just aren't worth walking in the dealer's door and wasting your time.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:00 PM   #5

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto4play View Post
We ordered our V3950 full paint in blue back in November with hopes to have it the first week of Feb. There were continual delays due to weather and holidays, all understandable. Two weeks ago the unit arrived at the dealer and our salesman sent a pic with the subject reading "SHE"S HERE!!!", Being very excited I went straight to the photo and it was burgundy! Burgundy? Yes, Burgundy! All I could say was " Wrong color" Of coarse I did not hear anything after that for several hours. We ended up taking this unit with a little convincing from Dutchman $$.
After dealing with all of that we went up to see the unit and we were happy with the unit but disappointed with the dealer's lack of help and attention. I feel they really over book themselves on Saturdays. We left after feeling like we waisted 5 hours. The rest of the week we struggled getting answers on items we were waiting on like slide toppers, what day and time to pick up the unit. Finally Sat. I decided the hell with it I will just get the unit and put the toppers on myself! I went up yesterday and arrived at 9am needless to say I left with the unit at 5:30 pm.
During the day the Owner did come out and talk to me and apologize for the issues and lack of communication. I do feel they are aware of the issues they are having and trying to improve. Unfortunately I had to experience the problems as well!
We are happy with the unit, I will also say the Dealer was very responsive during the color issue and getting the resolution, just dropped the ball after that.

We are looking forward to the days to come!
Beautiful paint job!
wsrsdca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:10 PM   #6

California
Which dealer did you buy from?
wsrsdca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:33 PM   #7

California
Congrats on your new trailer! I think the burgundy color looks great !!
I might be be a little bias though.

Here is my 3895 the day we picked it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Taking Delivery of Voltage 010.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	856  
Old 03-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #8

Virginia
Regarding the dealer and all that, you'll find it much easier on your brains to look here for solutions and tips and doing all that you can without the wait time from the dealer and warranty acceptance. Some things just aren't worth walking in the dealer's door and wasting your time.[/QUOTE]

Yea, you are right. It's not good when I feel like I know more about the unit then the Service Tech!

Phil
2014 Voltage 3950 Epic III
2016 Ram 3500 Diesel 4wd, Long Horn Dually long bed
Moto4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:44 PM   #9

California
Beautiful trailer! Hope you enjoy it for many, many years!
Bmxboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:54 AM   #10

Texas
Very nice trailer.

Dutchman would have had to do some serious convincing ($$) for me to take delivery of a color other than the one I ordered.
soonernation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:22 AM   #11

Tennessee
Looks nice.... enjoy... like others said fix stuff yourself or you'll never get to use it.