Delamination - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2018, 06:06 PM   #21

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
Time to resort to Trailer Life Magazine. Write them. I'm sure they can get them off their asz and do something about it. If nothing else, will get them some bad publicity when Trailer Life does an article.
If Trailer Life takes any advertising dollars from Dutchmen, I wouldn't expect them to publish squat about this issue.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:04 PM   #22

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cramblersons View Post
If Trailer Life takes any advertising dollars from Dutchmen, I wouldn't expect them to publish squat about this issue.
I see them tackle all sorts of problems from ALL of their advertisers. long shot but what the he;.. ! Anything is worth the time that may help.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:00 PM   #23

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
Just wondering has anyone removed the slide skin to take a look? Until they do they are just guessing.

I was selling a house once and the home inspection showed several thousand dollars of kitchen structural repair in the wall studs and flooring. I ended up finding a guy who was able to fix the water damage for under $500... It was signed off by the building inspector. The point of my story is you just don't know till you get in there and take a look.

I am beginning to suspect your slide walls are made of Pressboard or Particle board instead of OSB. I have seen Pressboard and Particle board swell and blister from water intrusion. With so many slides affected I am wondering if it's not from condensation they can't all be leaking?

The bottom line is I don't think you are going to get anywhere with the manufacturer.

The short answer is.... yes they have looked for water intrusion. Nothing has been found. We have even taken a moisture probe and checked each spot. The only thing that has made sense so far is the adhesive is off gassing when it gets warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MTripp0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:26 AM   #24

Washington
Quote:
I see them tackle all sorts of problems from ALL of their advertisers. long shot but what the he;.. ! Anything is worth the time that may help.
That's good to hear. I hope you're right and it sparks some action for the OP.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:03 AM   #25

Oregon
Well if it is off gassing that's good, right! Off gassing does not hurt anything. it's just not pretty.
Once you are at the point where you know you are going to have to deal with this yourself. I would have to find out for sure. Just pick a bubble and cut out a square around it. Dig down all the way to the wood and see what you find out. You will know right away it's its water damage or off gassing. You can re seal the siding with some black Eternabond..

The fact that all of your slides are doing the same thing lead me to think it's not water damage.
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:28 PM   #26

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
Well if it is off gassing that's good, right! Off gassing does not hurt anything. it's just not pretty.
Once you are at the point where you know you are going to have to deal with this yourself. I would have to find out for sure. Just pick a bubble and cut out a square around it. Dig down all the way to the wood and see what you find out. You will know right away it's its water damage or off gassing. You can re seal the siding with some black Eternabond..

The fact that all of your slides are doing the same thing lead me to think it's not water damage.

You would be correct. After a couple warm days of Texas sun, we now have spots showing up on all 3 slides.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:30 PM   #27

Texas
Keystone is absolutely worthless!!! I tried escalating our request to a higher level of management. I was told flat out “there is no reason, you have our final answer”! SMH $130k POS

Old 03-24-2018, 01:07 PM   #28

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTripp0911 View Post
Keystone is absolutely worthless!!! I tried escalating our request to a higher level of management. I was told flat out “there is no reason, you have our final answer”! SMH $130k POS

? I would call them and ask for his boss! Still, (shakes head in disbelief)...
Old 03-24-2018, 03:51 PM   #29

Texas
Quote:
? I would call them and ask for his boss! Still, (shakes head in disbelief)...

They literally will not let us talk to anyone higher than the customer service rep that answers the phone.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:53 PM   #30

Florida
http://rvlife.com/rv-inspections/?ut...m_medium=email