Couch question - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2020, 03:45 PM   #1

Texas
Couch question

Hello all, we are new owners of a Voltage V 3105 and have a question about the sofa/couch. When we were looking at the camper the previous owner said there was an inflatable mattress under the couch and I assumed it made into a bed. We didn't really inquire how it worked and so once we got it home realized that all there was is a inflatable mattress in the drawer in the center section and looks to me they just threw it in there. Are we missing something? Was there an inflatable mattress that made into a bed with the couch or somebody just threw one in there? Thanks

Outpost56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:20 PM   #2

Wyoming
Difficult question to answer without photos showing what you have.

Depending on the year, and what furniture option the rig came with (base, standard, or Epic)... there are just too many variables to know without more info.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 04:47 PM   #3

Illinois
More than likely they just bought one afterwards and just let it go with the trailer. Sort of like my Coleman I have listed, I replaced the thin no cushion queen mattress with a memory foam. Never an option for that trailer, yet, it has one. I have also replaced the couch with one that takes up just an inch more space but gained an additional foot of sitting space, another thing that was never an option. So not everything you see in a used trailer is something they came with from the factory.
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 11:23 PM   #4

Texas
We have a 2012 voltage, 3095, with that inflatable bed. It comes with an electric pump you plug in to inflate the mattress. It sets up on the floor inside the C of the couch. We’ve never been able to keep it inflated for more than a few hours. Our guests usually end up on the floor on a deflated mattress.
Ebyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 04:43 PM   #5

Alaska
Inflate what you found and it will be obvious how it works, It is not a flat mattress part of it sits on the floor the other part rests on the couch. Look under the master bed for the air pump. (That is where we found ours.) Like all air beds; once you inflate it it will not fold up neatly.
bakedalaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:37 AM   #6

Texas
Inflatable bed

My 2012 Denali has a couch that unfolds. You pull the back rest cushions off and there is a bar the cushions fit under. You lift and pull the bar and it unfolds to make platform to support the air mattress. The previous owners kept the mattress folded with the platform (after deflation) and it had to be replaced. I now fold it up and put it in a drawer. I have the model with the built in pump and you will probably need an extension cord. Check out mattresses on AMAZON if needed.
2Slides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:58 AM   #7

Texas
Thanks for the replies. I understand now how it's supposed to work and if I had inflated it, it would have been obvious. Thanks again.

Outpost56 is offline   Reply With Quote