Coleman 300tq TV Mount Question - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2018, 01:32 PM   #1

Florida
Coleman 300tq TV Mount Question

Hi Y'all, new to this forum, but i got a question about the TV mount in my 2018 300TQ. This is the mount for above the radio, in the front. How long should the screws be, without going through to the master bed area? I am planing on putting a 32" LCD there. Or should i use a carriage bolt and put the round side facing the bed side of the wall?

Thanks in advance!!

xboxhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:23 PM   #2

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxhacker View Post
Hi Y'all, new to this forum, but i got a question about the TV mount in my 2018 300TQ. This is the mount for above the radio, in the front. How long should the screws be, without going through to the master bed area? I am planing on putting a 32" LCD there. Or should i use a carriage bolt and put the round side facing the bed side of the wall?

Thanks in advance!!
unless there is a backer board there, the wall is probably hollow and mounting with carriage bolts is most likely not going to work. Usually the walls are only two inches or so thick. good luck.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:37 PM   #3

South Carolina
[QUOTE=franktafl;62609]
Quote:

Thanks in advance!! [/QUOTE

unless there is a backer board there, the wall is probably hollow and mounting with carriage bolts is most likely not going to work. Usually the walls are only two inches or so thick. good luck.

It sounds like you have a similar set up as ours. Above the radio/DVD player. There should be a sticker as mentioned above.

I used one inch screws as I recall. I did some fancy measuring and approximated the wall thickness in the entertainment center between the bedroom and living area.

Good luck.
ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:43 PM   #4

South Carolina
Just peeked at your floor plan. It is same Entertainment Center idea.

You should be good to go!

ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 06:53 PM   #5

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVeteran View Post
Just peeked at your floor plan. It is same Entertainment Center idea.

You should be good to go!

Thanks!

I was just trying to keep the screws from going all the way through.
xboxhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 07:13 PM   #6

Florida
Quote:
Thanks!

I was just trying to keep the screws from going all the way through.
You should probably have two inches to play with. IF and i mean IF you have a backer board there, 1" should do the trick. That is IF you have a backer board. Did I mention you MAY NOT HAVE ONE?
Old 08-25-2018, 08:10 PM   #7

Florida
This very similar to our Coleman unit. What I did was; make a backer board to brace the TV bracket. 3/4 plywood glued to the unit. We used a 3 section swivel TV bracket, our TV is 32”. Works great.
Hate the radio, control unit though. Good luck.
Hwanjwcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:31 PM   #8

Tennessee
My camper used 1x4's for the tv backer, inside and out, so any screw or lag bolt over 1" isn't doing anything. I took the paneling off and doubled them, way stronger now.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:15 AM   #9

Oregon
On my 2017 300tq I found that the main TV location in the Infotrainment center wall was backed for TV mounting. I would use 3/4" lag bolts and pre drill using a drill bit depth gauge to prevent going through the wall.
I used a double articulating arm TV mount. The recessed area was too small for a decent size TV so my TV sits outside the recessed area pushed flat against the wall. I installed a 40" TV. Keep in mind when the Slide comes in you will only have about inch or two of clearance between the slide wall and the TV.

I also mounted some small metal strap brackets to the left and right of the TV mount so I could use nylon straps to secure the TV when going down the road. The TV sits pretty firm with just the mount but you can't be too safe.

40" TV
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 02:53 AM   #10

Oregon
Quote:

Thanks in advance!!
If your interested in several Mods that I did to my 2017 Coleman 300tq click on this link and scroll down to post #186 and scroll through the different Mods including the TV Mount for the main TV.
http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...q-5206-19.html
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:16 PM   #11

Texas
Do not trust the sticker. Just because there is a sticker, do not believe that it means there is anything substantial behind it. If I believed my sticker, I would have mounted my TV into the 1/4" thin wall.
TT Coleman 2515RL
TejasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:48 AM   #12

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasBob View Post
Do not trust the sticker. Just because there is a sticker, do not believe that it means there is anything substantial behind it. If I believed my sticker, I would have mounted my TV into the 1/4" thin wall.
Just an FYI... I had a sticker but NO backer board also.