Calling all Endurance 3006 and Triton 2951 owners. - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2018, 11:59 PM   #1

North Carolina
Calling all Endurance 3006 and Triton 2951 owners.

My wife and I want to upgrade from our tiny KZ toy hauler to an Endurance 3006 or a Triton 2951. I’ve looked at most everything I can find online about both models. So far I have only looked at the Endurance at a dealer, as there are no Tritons anywhere near where I live.

Searching for info online probably causes more questions than answers because of things like “mandatory options” and “premium packages” that seem like the only way the trailers are actually stocked at dealers. I even tried to tour the Dutchmen factory but they don’t seem welcome to that. Fortunately I was easily able to tour some other RV factories in the Elkhart area.

What I’m really looking for are the differences between the Endurance 3006 and the Triton 2951. Generally speaking, prices I see online are always higher for the Tritons and I’m wondering why.

Both trailers are listed on the manufacturer website with similar shipping weights, hitch weights and both have dual 7k axles yet the Triton is listed with almost 2k more cargo capacity.
Any owners have some insight on this?

Endurance lists 1500-pound tie down rings on garage floor but all Triton info lists 2500-pound tie downs?
Are the tie down rings labeled as 1500 or 2500 pound on your Endurance or Triton?

Triton has double the gray water capacity 76 vs. 38, same black and fresh.
Is this correct?

Endurance lists 8 cu ft. refrigerator, I’ve seen both 8 and 10 listed for the Triton.
What size refrigerator does your Triton have?

The Endurance floor plan online shows the refrigerator, stove and TV in a different location than shown in their 360 virtual pictures. The Endurance I looked at had the refrigerator next to the couch slide with the TV mounted on the same wall as the entrance door. This is important to me as I think it would kill my neck to have to watch a TV located above the refrigerator as shown in the pictures.
Do any Endurance owners have the stove next to the couch slide instead of the refrigerator?

The Endurance details list “Rubber/TPO Hybrid Roof Membrane”.
What exactly is this “hybrid” roof membrane?

Both have dual 15k air conditioners? I’ve seen on Dutchman website that Triton has 13.5k bedroom A/C and also 15k bedroom A/C.
What is the A/C setup on your Endurance or Triton?

Endurance can be found at dealers without generator (my preference) but all Tritons I’ve seen listed at dealers have generator.
Do all Tritons come standard with a generator?

Endurance lists 30k Btu furnace versus Triton’s 40k Btu?
Is this correct? Do all Tritons come with 40k furnace?

Endurance lists 30-gallon fuel station, some Tritons seem to list 30 & 40-gallon dual tank fuel station?
Do all Tritons have a dual tank fuel station?

Do all Tritons come with a central vacuum system?
Triton lists garage diamond plate but I’ve not seen any in pictures online?
Does your Triton have diamond plate and if so, where is it located?

Endurance info lists exterior shower but I haven’t seen it listed on Triton.
Do Endurance or Triton actually come with exterior showers?

Is anyone hauling either of these trailers with a gasoline engine pickup instead of a diesel? If so, do you hate towing with it and wish you’d spent the extra money for a diesel?

Foothills Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:20 PM   #2

Florida
Our triton 2951 has outside shower front and rear a/c witch I had replaced
With low profile (my preference) we have it loaded with 3 500cc atvs or
our golf cart. pulls good and fits our family needs we did a bunch of mods
And I also replaced the caulking they used, with aircraft grade that was a pain
(Again my preference) we pull it with a 2001 f350 7.3 diesel 4x4 no issues
it's what your comfy with, you really need to go out and look at one
Too bad there are not any by you, my wife found ours and it fits our needs
All our best largo FLA

Ovalvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:40 PM   #3

North Carolina
Thanks for taking the time to reply Ovalvw. My wife and I think the size would be great for our needs. Mainly we've been wanting something where we won't have to unload my bike to sleep or access the kitchen area. There's a new 2017 Triton for sale not too far from here, we'll have to go check it out. Way more Endurance models for some reason. After looking I'm sure I'll be able to answer some of my own questions about differences between the two. Thanks again.

Jim
Old 04-25-2018, 04:58 PM   #4

Florida
All good wish you close to dealer that has one
Take your time
Some people buy dodges some chevys it's
What they are happy with all good
If I can send you pics or anything let me know
All our best Largo FLA
Old 04-25-2018, 07:35 PM   #5

Florida
Great
Old 07-20-2018, 04:36 PM   #6

Arizona
I just bought the Endurance 3006, it's built to CW specs on features. Can't make any comments because I don't even have it home yet
Yamaha YXZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:44 PM   #7

North Carolina
Hope the 3006 works out well for you. I like the floorplan. My preference was the Triton 2951 over the Endurance 3006 because of the larger counter space and drawers in the kitchen. Evidently Dutchmen has stopped making the 2951 and there aren't any dealer stock ones around me. There were a lot of 3006s available when I first started searching and quite a few of them have sold.
I'm going to look tomorrow at a used Momentum with an asking price similar to the 3006. I'm hoping it works out, if not, I'll be purchasing a 3006.

Let me know how your 3006 works out once you've had it awhile. Thanks.

Jim
Old 07-21-2018, 11:35 PM   #8

Florida
One dealer by us has 2018 and 2019 are coming in soon all our best central fla
Old 07-23-2018, 02:07 AM   #9

North Carolina
I see no evidence of the 2951 model cease production. Mine has been flawless. It has 2 gray tanks equalling 78g. I installed a valve at the hook up so I can utilize both tanks for gray water. Minus replacing tires with quality rubber, cutting out and replacing silicone caulk with proper caulk and I am about to eternabond all roof seems I have had zero issues.

1 fuel cell 30 gal.

I don't like having a slide taking up hauler space. And the 3006 has small poor layer out kitchen

The Endurance line must be new...1st I have seen.
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:11 PM   #10

North Carolina
After looking at the Endurance 3006 at Camping World...they have a nice 19min video walk thru. The 3006 and the Triton 2951 are exactly the same. The differences are the living room slide and the changes they made in Kitchen counter layout to accomodate the slide. Other than that its the same rig to the "T".

I dont like the living room slide. I haul 3 full size quads and need the room. Most likely the cargo weight capacity had to be reduced due to the slides extra weight.
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:37 PM   #11

Arizona
I am down to hauling just the Yamaha YXZ so looking at more comfort, no longer have to haul a rail and 3 quads

Yamaha YXZ is offline   Reply With Quote