Broken Leaf Spring Source - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2022, 12:43 AM   #1

Colorado
Broken Leaf Spring Source

Trying to salvage an up coming trip. In need of either a 3,500 or 4K,1.75" wide, 24 and 7/8" unloaded, double eye spring. Have 4 on order with Lippert and are now almost 2 weeks over due with no estimated time frame for shipping.

Anyone have a source that they have ordered springs from? I've searched the web for days and have not found a source.

bkuuz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 02:30 PM   #2

California
Try Triangle Springs located in Fontana, CA. They are better anyway and American made. I bought mine from a suspension repair shop in Escondido, CA.

I actually upgraded my suspension significantly and the springs I have now are a little longer because I removed the original stabilizer between the two sets of leafs and went with something heavier duty.

They make all kinds and sizes.

Old 07-26-2022, 06:26 PM   #3

California
Not sure if you were using wet bolts for the shackles. If not highly recommend especially to replace the factor cheap stuff. Plastic busing which wears our in few months.

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 09:52 PM   #4

New Jersey
Michigan Truck spring. I went with 4K springs, you’ll need new U hangers and hardware. Great people to work with, got my order in a few days.
https://www.truckspring.com/trailer-...MXe_V68t2r-U9A
Old 07-30-2022, 10:33 PM   #5

Michigan
Are you in Brighton, Mi? If so, take I-96 east to Novi and try General RV. Another source may be Schroeder's RV repair on D-19 just south of I-96, in Howell.
capeharj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 10:44 PM   #6

California
Suspension repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsol View Post
Try Triangle Springs located in Fontana, CA. They are better anyway and American made. I bought mine from a suspension repair shop in Escondido, CA.

I actually upgraded my suspension significantly and the springs I have now are a little longer because I removed the original stabilizer between the two sets of leafs and went with something heavier duty.

They make all kinds and sizes.
What shop in Escondido? I live just south of there in POWAY.
larrypride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 10:34 PM   #7

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypride View Post
What shop in Escondido? I live just south of there in POWAY.

It’s called North County Spring.

https://northcountyspring.com/

If you go there tell them the guy that was just in a few weeks ago gave the recommendation. Call in advance and be his first appointment of the day.

They know what they are doing and can basically make parts as needed if something isn’t in stock.
Old 08-02-2022, 03:31 AM   #8

Colorado
Thank you all for the response. Leaf springs from Lippert finally showed up. I did have to get longer U bolts also.

I changed out to a wet bolt/shackle a couple of years ago.
bkuuz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 02:40 PM   #9

California
Keep an eye on your new springs. They will very likely break as the factory springs are garbage. My original springs flattened out and lost their arch very quickly. The shackles also started to wear out so that the bolt holes were becoming oblong. I had about 2,000 pounds in the garage which while on the heavy side is not overkill for a 12 foot garage.

Be very careful.
Old 08-06-2022, 02:23 PM   #10

Iowa
That's very good advice. I started carrying a spare spring after I replaced my original flattened out springs with American made which were not a bit better, and on a trip in June, (without the bike in garage) I had the left rear spring break completely apart, it let that tire come up and skid against the front tire. Happened on a busy interstate out in the countryside. My Good Sam Roadside Assistance got a service truck out there and the 2 of us changed out the spring with the spare alongside the interstate. I now have a new set of Lippert 4K 7 leaf springs installed and although I'm always skeptical they sure look good. We took the bike to Black Hills over the 4th of July, no more sag. I will still always carry a spare spring and recommend that anyone with a heavy 2 axle trailer toy hauler carry one too!

dougs2 is offline   Reply With Quote