Brakes - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #1

California
Brakes

I just purchased a 2013 V3200 and will take delivery on the 13th. My question is how good are the brakes. I heard that on the fusion trailers the brakes will stop the trailer and the rig pulling it. On my old Keystone TT the brakes were not very good but it did do the job.

Jeff L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #2

My 3200 will stop both my rig and my TV without any problems. I frequently use it to test and stop both vehicles . I also use it to slow my decent on the mountain roads.. Im quite satisfied with the brakes on the 3200.

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #3

California
That's good to hear, I have become a little worried about this trailer as the more I look into it the more problems I am hearing about. I looked over mine a lot and found just a couple small things like the top bunk would not come down and a door holder needed adjusting and a couple of scratches in the cabinets. I expect there to be some problems as usual with rv's but some of the stuff I have read suggests I should run the other way. Hopefully since mine is a 2013 the major problems have been worked out but I will soon find out. I also realize most people will only complain on forums such as theses and it also seems as though some may even be direct competitors as can't see how they could possibly have as many problems as they describe. Maybe a little problem that is easily fixed is something major for some? I am a Plumber by trade and mechanical stuff is no big deal to me.
How is your AC units, this is one thing that I am really looking forward to as mine has the new quite residential type units installed. I have heard these are also troublesome and don't live up to Dutchman's claims?
Old 06-11-2013, 01:03 AM   #4

Hello Jeff. Overall I have followed the post on several forums regarding the V 3200. Most everyone with one exception I can think of raves about their Voltage and lack of problems compared to others or compared to Keystone products. I am not bashing Keystone but the problems they have are unreal. Since we have owned our Voltage it has been in the shop several times for very minor things like the rear screen would not stay down or the tv reception was crappy. The worst thing I have found wrong with the voltage was a leaky sani flush pipe which again was fixed through warranty. I believe if you follow this forum and others you will see how little problems you will have compared to other makes Dutchmen not exclusive.

My A/c units, I have 2, work great and will freeze us out especially at night.. I sleep under an electric blanket if that tells you anything. I have never had a problem with the AC units or their output. Our AC units I am sure are the same as yours and put out some really cold air .

One suggestion is change out all the crappy coax cable end connectors along with the crappy splitters. Your tv will work flawless in all rooms. There are a few other minor things I felt the voltage was short on but most were minor or easily remedied.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #5

California
Thanks for the information.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:19 AM   #6

Ohio
In my 30 years I have never had trouble with breaks my Kodiak has some of the best yet.

kodiak 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote