Black water flush help! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2020, 11:25 PM   #1

British Columbia
Black water flush help!

2013 V3005

I purchased used in 2014, from a non dutchman dealer. I was never shown if there was a black water flush. I didn't even know there was such a thing.
Surly there is one? All my friends have one on their trailers
Where do I look for it?

Thanks

Larry710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 01:45 AM   #2

California
Black water flush help!

On my 2018 3305 the flush connection is in the wet bay by the City water and tank fill. Hopefully, your City Water has a label on it. Then the other will be for your flush connection. Your fresh water holding tank will not have threads in it to hold a hose because it is not pressurized and has a pump.

Also, if you have one it should have a check valve to prevent water from flowing out of the black tank but I would still use a separate hose than your fresh water hose to be safe.

Hopefully someone with your year Voltage can weigh in.

Old 10-15-2020, 03:14 AM   #3

Texas
Don't know about everyone else but my black tank flush system is crap. I put together my own setup, great if you have a straight shot through the toilet into the black tank. It is a Rainbird sprinkler head on some PVC with a valve, set for 360 degree rotation. Yes it is on the picnic table, picture is from before it was used for the first time. Does a great job cleaning my tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191201_095403.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	6507  
Old 10-15-2020, 03:04 PM   #4

California
May black water flush on my voltage works great. This is the only trailer I have had that is not a headache to get the black gauge to show empty after I dump.

I don’t need to go into the bathroom dragging a hose up and into my rig to stick a fancy wand like the one above into the toilet and then find a place to store it or use the hose attachment on the dirty connector like I used to use.

I also don’t need to use chemical tank cleaners or the “geo method” or whatever to get it clean.

At least one thing on my voltage that appears to have been installed correctly by the manufacturer and still works. Of course now I am probably doomed because I mentioned it!

Don’t get me wrong, I think the wand above is a great tool if you need help to clean the tank because the built in doesn’t work or if you don’t have one but fortunately not the case with me!
Old 10-15-2020, 08:06 PM   #5

Wisconsin
Features not listed are usually not installed

So, Obvious Man here. I will state the obvious. Not all TT's come with a black tank flush system. That is why there are so many cheap portable flush systems for sale. (Most do not work in most situations.)

I have rarely seen a marketing or advertising publication that listed things not included except "batteries not included".

15 years ago very few TT's had a black flush system. Today many do. If you have one, it probably looks just like your city water connector.

Some newbies have mistaken it for a city water connection and over-flowed their black tank, out the roof, out the toilet, out the bathroom sink?

I wish you good luck and happy trails ahead!

I wish you good luck and happy trails ahead!
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 09:40 PM   #6

Minnesota
I have had black tank flush connections on both my 2011 Surveyor and my 2018 Aerolite. On the Surveyor I attempted to get accurate level readings using the tank flush connection and by dragging a rinse wand through the trailer to the bathroom and doing the flush thing through the toilet. The tank levels never read correctly and eventually the fresh water tank indicator quit altogether. On the Aerolite I just use the tank flush every time and accept that the tank level indicators may or may not be accurate. The custom made sprinkler tool is creative and probably works well.
Snowman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 10:17 PM   #7

Washington
[QUOTE=Larry710;75512]2013 V3005

I purchased used in 2014, from a non dutchman dealer. I was never shown if there was a black water flush. I didn't even know there was such a thing.
Where do I look for it?

Our 2015 dutchman denali had the connection on the passenger side of the trailer directly across from the valves. Didn't work worth a crap, lol
thutson464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 10:50 PM   #8

Texas
[QUOTE=thutson464;75580]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry710 View Post
2013 V3005

Our 2015 dutchman denali had the connection on the passenger side of the trailer directly across from the valves. Didn't work worth a crap, lol
Must be a Denali thing.
Old 10-21-2020, 11:29 PM   #9

California
[QUOTE=thutson464;75580]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry710 View Post
2013 V3005

Where do I look for it?

In the wet bay.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:43 AM   #10

Oregon
I have never seen a trailer with sewer and water, and/or electrical on the passenger side. thutson464 must have always been challenged connecting to the park services.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:22 PM   #11

Colorado
On our 2019 Coleman Latern, the black flush connection is also on the passenger side. All other connections and dumps are on the drivers side. We just connect our separate hose to the black water flush and throw the hose under to the other side to connect to water spigot. Has always worked great. Can’t imagine not having it. But it is also labeled “black flush”
mcgee2435rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 02:59 PM   #12

New Jersey
I rigged my own flush connection with a small garden sprinkler head. It is about 1 1/4 inches in diameter, puts out a fan shaped spray and has worked very well for me.. I cut out the bottom of a plastic cup, insert it into the bottom of the toilet bowl to hold the valve open. I have the spray head mounted on a 6 ft length of old hose and attach that to my garden hose with a quick connect coupling so that i can rotate the hose. The whole process takes me less than 5 minutes after connecting the hoses. Because I have a right angle connection below the toilet, I was unable to use the commercially available flush devices.

Allentown, NJ
Firstime RVer is offline   Reply With Quote