Bathroom floor delaminating - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2016, 05:25 PM   #1

California
Bathroom floor delaminating

so I am supposed to pick up my new 3815 this next week and one of the problems I saw when first checking out the trailer was in the bathroom the vinyl floor was bubbling up where the bathroom and the bedroom carpet meet. I was told they would fix the issue before pickup but its been sitting for over a week and no one can correct it. I looked at 3 other trailers (1 same model and 2 that were different models) and they all had something similiar in floor. Has anyone seen this issue before, any fixes? The dealership we are going through are not helping and say if they try to fix it they may damage the carpet. I have been thinking I should just walk away from the whole deal but my wife told me to just take delivery and we can find someone to fix it correctly.
If we take it somewhere else will voltage warranty the defect?

mscaraudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 07:44 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscaraudio View Post
so I am supposed to pick up my new 3815 this next week and one of the problems I saw when first checking out the trailer was in the bathroom the vinyl floor was bubbling up where the bathroom and the bedroom carpet meet. I was told they would fix the issue before pickup but its been sitting for over a week and no one can correct it. I looked at 3 other trailers (1 same model and 2 that were different models) and they all had something similiar in floor. Has anyone seen this issue before, any fixes? The dealership we are going through are not helping and say if they try to fix it they may damage the carpet. I have been thinking I should just walk away from the whole deal but my wife told me to just take delivery and we can find someone to fix it correctly.
If we take it somewhere else will voltage warranty the defect?
I wouldn't want to buy a unit with a known defect that a dealer is afraid to tackle. It's bad enough with the hidden problems that come up have to be repaired but knowing it's there, dunno man.
Warranty work, good, concise warranty work doesn't fall out of the sky these days. Sometimes dealers do more damage than good and then you're stuck waiting out another claim.
Convince the boss this isn't the very last unit to be had.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 10:02 AM   #3

Illinois
If they can't fix a relatively easy problem, what are they going to do when you have a major issue? Fix it quick or find a new dealer.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 12:17 PM   #4

Colorado
When I was checking on my 3200 at the storage facility last week, I noticed that mine had done the same thing. The flooring underneath and in front of the carpet between the bedroom and bathroom has bubbled.

Not sure what caused it, but in my 3200, there is a register for the heater nearby and that part of the floor gets very warm when the heater is on. In storage, the heater is off and the low temps have been below zero. So perhaps the extreme temps have somehow caused the mastic to let go.

The carpet is just stapled to the floor so I plan on pulling the carpet back to get at the edge of the vinyl floor and apply some strong mastic underneath to stick it back down. I will then re-staple the carpet and screw down a transition plate over the carpet/vinyl border to help keep it in place. That's the plan anyway.
Its4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 04:23 PM   #5

California
I already know I am not taking it back to this dealership for any repairs, like you said they cant fix a relatively easy problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
If they can't fix a relatively easy problem, what are they going to do when you have a major issue? Fix it quick or find a new dealer.
Rusty
Old 12-26-2016, 04:24 PM   #6

California
were in Nor Cal so it may have been in the low 30's but thats it, I told my wife last night if I take delivery I will just have but hard wood laminate over the floor in the bathroom and be done with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its4 View Post
When I was checking on my 3200 at the storage facility last week, I noticed that mine had done the same thing. The flooring underneath and in front of the carpet between the bedroom and bathroom has bubbled.

Not sure what caused it, but in my 3200, there is a register for the heater nearby and that part of the floor gets very warm when the heater is on. In storage, the heater is off and the low temps have been below zero. So perhaps the extreme temps have somehow caused the mastic to let go.

The carpet is just stapled to the floor so I plan on pulling the carpet back to get at the edge of the vinyl floor and apply some strong mastic underneath to stick it back down. I will then re-staple the carpet and screw down a transition plate over the carpet/vinyl border to help keep it in place. That's the plan anyway.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:32 PM   #7

Nevada
Most Dealers will not work on an RV that wasn't purchased from them, If they do, it will be the last one to work on, so it would take months...If you do take this one, I like what its4 is doing, or what you had stated...I have repaired a few RV's and first want to find why the floor is bubbling, then repair.....

2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote