Air Conditioner - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2015, 02:22 AM   #1

Washington
Air Conditioner

I know I have read about this somewhere but I cant find the post. The living room a/c cycles on and off and then I get an e7 code. I know it is loss of 120 volts. Has anybody had to deal with this or let me know were to find the post if somebody has.
Thanks

catdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:43 PM   #2

Maryland
What model do you have?

On my 3950, I have 3 AC units and a power management system (PMS). The system is set to shed the load if it is approaching the max current that is being used...for instance, we stay mostly in 30 amp spots. If the main AC unit is running and then the garage AC unit kicks on, an E7 code will show, due to the PMS removing the 120v feed to the unit. The PMS is wired to turn the front and main AC off, but the 3rd unit has its feed completely disconnected, hence the E7. I emailed the PMS folks and they confirmed this is correct...I can dig up the thread, but give me a few hours.

Oh yeah, two minutes after the high current draw is within limits, everything will return to normal.

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:44 PM   #3

Nevada
Cale:
Off the subject, but how are the Sailun tires doing?
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:30 PM   #4

Maryland
Here is the thread I was referring to earlier. It was hard to find, because I was asking about the PMS...

http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...stem-2540.html

Cale

Old 06-10-2015, 04:34 PM   #5

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNevada View Post
Cale:
Off the subject, but how are the Sailun tires doing?
So far we love them. Heading out in 30 days on a 5,000 mile trip across country...CA to MD.

My neighbor just put a set on his Elkridge Monday. We pulled his tires Saturday to put metal valve stems on for TPMS, while waiting at the tire shop, you could actually watch one of his factory tires growing...they said a belt had broke in the tire (these were Tow King tires). They quickly removed the air to keep the tire from blowing up!! He left yesterday and should be back next week with 1500 miles on his...hopefully he will be happy as well....

Cale

Old 06-11-2015, 03:49 AM   #6

Washington
Cale
Mine is a 2013. And it has Akuret? I think I should change them? The central vac wasn't working so tonight I made the mistake of taking off the panel behind the furnace OHHH my what a mess. The hoses were melted together and the heat ducts are something else. Does yours have insulation in the floor? We love ours but I have fixed a lot of stuff. I think I know why the people traded it in and it was only a year old. Slide, rear flush, Central vac and I'm working on the a/c.
catdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:35 PM   #7

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdog View Post
Cale
Mine is a 2013. And it has Akuret? I think I should change them? The central vac wasn't working so tonight I made the mistake of taking off the panel behind the furnace OHHH my what a mess. The hoses were melted together and the heat ducts are something else. Does yours have insulation in the floor? We love ours but I have fixed a lot of stuff. I think I know why the people traded it in and it was only a year old. Slide, rear flush, Central vac and I'm working on the a/c.
I had to change tires about a month after we got the trailer. The factory tires, same as yours, developed a goose egg in the sidewall. After some searching, I almost pulled the trigger on some Maxxis, but was steered towards the Sailuns from members of this forum. Through the ridiculous amount of searching, the only negative comment I could ever find about the tire was that they were Chinese...and those folks never acknowledged the fact they were ISO certified, while all the others aren't...

I was wanting to go to the GoodYear G614, but could not see spending almost twice as much, especially since you can find comments about blowouts with those tires. The Sailun tires are built with a complete steel carcass, very heavy and a stiff bead, which was verified by the tire shop, they kicked their butts...

As far as the trailer, we love it...a few things have had to be fixed and modded, but I am OK with that. My biggest concern is the slides, I do a lot of preventative maintenance with the hopes that I will not have a problem in the future...

A bunch of us have remodeled our basements, I am glad I did mine, I had a water leak, which was allowing the transfer switch to sit in water, I moved it off the deck and moved some stuff around and reframed the area...I will be doing it again in the future, some others did a better job than I did, so I am going to copy them.

Have any other questions...shoot them out, great bunch of folks here...

Cale