Advanta Tires? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2022, 12:49 PM   #1

Colorado
Advanta Tires?

Hey all,
I'm looking to replace my Goodyear G614s do to age, going on 7 yrs. old, on my 3818. I was just going to bite the bullet and get G614s again but dang they're up to $500/ tire now, $3,600 out the door from my local guy, I like to do business local not online so I'll pay a little extra. My local guy advised Advanta, says G rated 14 ply apples to apples that's what he'd put o the trailer if he owned it. Pric on the Advantas $1,600. The Goodyears were important to me in the past because I hauled a 4,200# rock crawler, now the heaviest thing I haul is a 2 door polaris ranger. Just seeing if anyone has experience with Advanta?

Thank you
Troy

Old 03-10-2022, 04:39 AM   #2

California
Goodyear Endurance. Made in USA and with a speed rating of 80 mph, far faster than you will ever tow.

$200 each from tire rack. Give or take.

The G614’s are truck tires and far more expensive. I know they are great quality but I think the Endurance will likely have a higher weight rating too.

Old 03-10-2022, 06:47 PM   #3

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsol View Post
Goodyear Endurance. Made in USA and with a speed rating of 80 mph, far faster than you will ever tow.

$200 each from tire rack. Give or take.

The G614’s are truck tires and far more expensive. I know they are great quality but I think the Endurance will likely have a higher weight rating too.
Ditto on Goodyear Endurance ST205/75R14 Radial Trailer Tire - Load Range D, 8ply 2040lbs a tire.
America's tire. 127ea. 508.00 total
Etrailer has them for 147 ea
Walmart. 148ea
trucking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:25 PM   #4

Florida
I run sailun g rated very happy with them
They had issues with one of the makes a year
Or so Ago they owned it and did a recall
A few years back Goodyear had rv tire issues
And covered it up until their were to many
Court cases. look it up.
Goodyear makes a great tire
But that always bothered me
All our best central Florida
Ovalvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 01:21 AM   #5

Colorado
Thank you for the replies, sent my tire guy a message today and he said my tires would be here tomorrow, didn't even ask what he ordered, ya I trust him! I'll report back with what I got & after my trip to AZ on 4/1!
Thanks again
Troy
Old 03-16-2022, 09:36 PM   #6

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVH475 View Post
Hey all,
I'm looking to replace my Goodyear G614s do to age, going on 7 yrs. old, on my 3818. I was just going to bite the bullet and get G614s again but dang they're up to $500/ tire now, $3,600 out the door from my local guy, I like to do business local not online so I'll pay a little extra. My local guy advised Advanta, says G rated 14 ply apples to apples that's what he'd put o the trailer if he owned it. Pric on the Advantas $1,600. The Goodyears were important to me in the past because I hauled a 4,200# rock crawler, now the heaviest thing I haul is a 2 door polaris ranger. Just seeing if anyone has experience with Advanta?

Thank you
Troy

One thing you are buying when you get a set of tires is a dealer and support network. Your local guy may be able to service those tires but I am wondering if you have seen other tire dealerships selling that brand. Never heard of them so can't say anything + or - about the brand. You might check out their dealers in the locations you travel to around the US.
https://ta3.tiresanytime.com/DealerLookup
Retired Tire Design Engineer (40 years). I write a blog on RV tire applications www.RVTireSafety.NET and give seminars on RV tire application across the US. Serve on Technical Advisory Panel for FMCA. I am scheduled to give seminars on Genealogy and RV Tire Safety in March at FMCA in Tuscon AZ on 25 & 26.
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 10:19 PM   #7

Colorado
Picked up my wheels/tires he went with Milestars, they look good but made in china so we'll see
Old 03-17-2022, 05:51 AM   #8

California
Never heard of them. Are they trailer tires? What is their rating in terms of weight capacity and speed rating?

How much did you pay for them? I am glad you trust your guy because I would want to know much more about the tires before I had them installed.
Old 03-17-2022, 01:50 PM   #9

Florida
It looks like milestar makes a commercial truck tire that could be acceptable for your rv. Hopefully, those are the ones they put on your vehicle. I’m not sure why u would have not taken an active role in what tires you have on your expensive investment. I’m sure he must have taken well care of your rv.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 09:59 PM   #10

Colorado
They are G rated 14 ply, 4400# per tire, I couldn't find the speed rating. Ya I trust my tire guy, been trusting him for 20 yrs for automotive all the way through my commercial equipment, he hasn't steered me wrong yet