Adding fan to V 3105 Garage - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #1

New Jersey
Adding fan to V 3105 Garage

We are about to take delivery of a Voltage V 3105. Once I remove my motorcycle from the garage, I plan to use the garage as an office while we are away. I'd like to get some air flow, and would like to install a Fantastic Fan in the existing vent opening. The existing vent does not have a fan. There are ceiling lights on either side of the vent opening. Can I tap power off one of the lights for the fan? Would the lights have 12 volts always available, or would the switch for the lights need to be on for the fan to work? If there is not continuous live power at the lights, any suggestions on how to get power to the fan?

Any other suggestions for our new 3105 would be appreciated. We've had travel trailers for 13 years, this is our first 5th wheel, and toy hauler.

Thanks,
Paul

pdonoghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #2

California
Congrats on your new trailer !
I have a Voltage 3895 and it has a Fantastic Fan in the garage as well as an A/C unit. I'm pretty sure they are all pre-wired from the factory for the fan in the vent.
Call Dutchmen customer service to find out for sure. Enjoy !!

waytoogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #3

New Jersey
Thanks waytoogood.

The V series is more of an economy line, they cut out a lot of the features from the standard Voltage line. For example, getting a fan in main living area is an option on the standard line, but not available from the factory on the V series.

I'll reach out to customer service, but was hoping someone with a V series model would know what is available.

Thanks again.
pdonoghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #4

Alberta
When I bought my Voltage I got them to put fantastic fans where all the manual ones were. I'm sure the one that is in the garage is spliced in to the light that is right beside the vent. About the switch to be on I'm not to sure if it has to be on for them to work. Mine are the ones with the remotes. Push the on button a wham the fan lid opens and starts to do its thing.
D-Maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #5

Florida
I use my garage as an office in my 3950 and ordered the fantastic fan as an option. You will really like having one on the days you don't need A/C.
hitman007 is offline   Reply With Quote