Acuslide problems - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2020, 07:51 PM   #1

New York
Acuslide problems

Has anyone have problems with the acuslide cable system ? In our Voltage 3990 Epic V the living room slide started shaking real bad when either going in or out. I took to a dealer in March to have them repair, but they said it needs rollers, and it is a very big job, as the slide has to be removed, and the rollers in bedded into the floor. When I got home, the kitchen slide immediately did the same once, then the gear box went. After calling Norco, they indicated if I knew the height of the wear bar, they would tell me the part # of rollers that I need, and it is pretty simple to install. Keystone would not give any info to me as I am not a dealer. and refused to help to contact engineering to get the size of the wear bar, even when I told them that there are no dealers within hours from where I am, and a road tech look at it and also said to involved for him. Norco went over and beyond to help figure out height of wear bar, and get me all parts I needed to repair, and even tech help was given. A real thumbs up to a parts supplier, when the manufacturer doesn't care about the customer

barrymerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 04:01 PM   #2

Florida
I feel for you. My slide did the same. It was improper adjustment of the slide system. Putting rollers on your slide means in order to do it right, they need to remove the slide from the coach and IT IS NOT EASY!

Also, the motor and pulley mechanism are notorious for not being bolted down to the coach correctly. Mine, the bolts loosened up and the motor was hanging.

Good luck!

By the way, there are youtube videos on how the adjustments are to be made to the slide. Also, the cables are ALL supposed to be tight since that is what is holding it up. Loose cables will allow the slide to touch the floor causing the jerking motion as well as the cables slipping on the motor.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 11:45 PM   #3

New York
Thanks for the reply, Actually it was very easy to install the rollers, the adjustment to the cables after a new motor and gear box was installed was like wise very straight forward. The hardest part was the tight quarters to adjust the cables , and my ceilings were over 8 ft, so I was on top of the ladder doing it. The rollers made such a difference in the way the slides go in and out.
Old 08-30-2020, 11:55 PM   #4

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrymerle View Post
Thanks for the reply, Actually it was very easy to install the rollers, the adjustment to the cables after a new motor and gear box was installed was like wise very straight forward. The hardest part was the tight quarters to adjust the cables , and my ceilings were over 8 ft, so I was on top of the ladder doing it. The rollers made such a difference in the way the slides go in and out.
Not sure you want the rollers touching the bottom of the slide. That material is fragile. Is it the carbon fiber type stuff?
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 10:07 AM   #5

New York
Just a FYI, Actually the wear bar rubs against the whole bottom of the slide, which has less friction, rollers or the wear bar ?
Old 09-02-2020, 09:04 PM   #6

Colorado
https://youtu.be/HgGEWmeojN0

Its4 is offline   Reply With Quote