AC Power - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2022, 12:19 AM   #1

Iowa
AC Power

I have a 2013 Voltage Toy Hauler and I don't have any power to the bedroom AC panel. Is there a fuse in the fuse panel for this AC? I just bought the RV last October and when I looked at it the AC was working but pulled it out of storage and now, I can't get it to turn on.

Mr Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 03:03 PM   #2

Wisconsin
I assume you mean air conditioner (A/C) when you wrote AC. So you don't have power to the A/C control panel.

Each high power device like a roof A/C has its own circuit breaker in the main 120 volt AC service entrance.

The control circuits may also use 12 volts. In which case there is probably a 12 volt fuse in the main fuse panel. Sometimes more than one 12 volt device is on the same fuse.

Electronic controls sometimes have fuses inside the devices.

Post make and model of A/C and if control system is a separate device, make and model of the temperature control system for better advice.

persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 11:13 AM   #3

Arizona
I forget how to use mine all the time,, I have to have fan on auto and select the AC button and leave it there ( at least I think that is it,, ) if you mess up and turn fan on high or low, the AC wont work right ( compressor wont come on) of course someone might say I am all wrong and tell you the right way,, like I said I mess it up all the time, ( esp since we dont use it,, sits in yard as a guest home )..
rich2481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 09:20 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Go up on the roof and pull the AC cover. Find the electrical box and see if you have 120V up there at the AC. If you do, and the blower fan is not spinning, nothing will happen with the AC cycling on. If you don/t then check the circuit breaker in the main panel.
elfaqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 04:00 AM   #5

Oregon
Ac issue

I have A 2015 voltage v3800 with 3 ac units
The bedroom and garage both work. But the living room doesn’t and breaker was tripped
I came back to my trailer after work to find only my bedroom was on (left the garage off)
I tried the master reset for the thermostats after I removed shore power and disconnected the batteries.
Still no fix I heard it try clicking on 2-3 times then tripped breaker again.
This happened on shore power. When I turned to my generator the amp meter read 63 amps while trying to kick on the main ac by itself but didn’t trip the breaker but nothing happened.
I have 118 volts currently but I don’t know when the living room ac stopped.

It’s Been high 80’s last two days
The plugs were not hot and no burnt connectors. Shore power 118 currently.

Thank you I’m advance
KnowlandBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 11:48 AM   #6

Oklahoma
The compressor on your ac is locked up.. mine just did the same thing 3 weeks ago. It’s a 2014 3895 with three ac’s. If you google the part number it’s probably a Dometic Blizzard NXT. It can be replaced with a Dometic Brisk 2 which is cheaper and just a good as the Blizzard and costs around $825.
elfaqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 05:46 PM   #7

Oregon
Found issue update
Start fan capacitor took a dump and fried some wires as well somehow it didn’t start a fire thank goodness
Old 06-27-2022, 03:21 PM   #8

Florida
Start/run cap

Gotta hate autocorrect sometimes.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 09:57 PM   #9

Florida
I have replaced the capacitor on mine a
Couple Times. I keep a spare Now.
Mine are dometic low profile
Penguin units. I chalk it up to Florida heat
All our best central Florida
Ovalvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 01:42 PM   #10

Florida
I have a 2014 Dutchman Voltage 3895 and after having it washed the Dometic thermostat will not come on. I have checked all the breakers on the inside and flipped them off and then back on and still no matter what button you hit on thermostat it will not come on. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am new to RVs and not an electrician by any means
stephland8607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 07:40 AM   #11

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephland8607 View Post
I have a 2014 Dutchman Voltage 3895 and after having it washed the Dometic thermostat will not come on. I have checked all the breakers on the inside and flipped them off and then back on and still no matter what button you hit on thermostat it will not come on. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am new to RVs and not an electrician by any means

Your thermostat could be bad or if you have multiple air conditioners they use (phone cable) and splice boxes that get moisture and corrode. If you can access from inside you’ll see a phone jack or you might have to go up and remove the cover on the roof